Tuesday, September 19, 2017

I posed as medical doctor, cure diabetes, says fake doctor


 Detectives attached to the Oyo State Police Command are frantically working round the clock, to find out the number of years, 40-year-old Dr. Felix Orimisan, a fake medical practitioner had been posing as a worker with University teaching Hospital, Ibadan (UTH) and defrauding unsuspecting Nigerians.

Orimisan, who was arrested after he attempted to con a police officer’s wife, confessed to be a fake medical doctor.

According to him, although he dropped out of medical school in Nigeria, he went to Ghana to acquire enough knowledge and could comfortably cure diabetes, stroke, infertility and other ailments.

His words: “I was unfortunate not to have graduated as a medical student in Delta State University, Abaraka. But I later travelled to Ghana where I learnt about Alternative Medicine, which I can today use in curing some ailments such as diabetes, stroke, and infertility and so on.”

The Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Abiodun Odude, disclosed that Orimisan had been obtaining money from his unsuspecting victims while parading himself as a medical doctor that could cure some ailments.

Odude said: "The suspect is not only deceiving people about his identity, but also goes to various pharmaceutical shops to fraudulently collect drugs and money from store owners under the guise of checking peddling of fake drugs. The impostor would tell the shop owners that he is a qualified medical doctor from UTH and that he was sent by the hospital to check for fake drugs. In the process, he would demand for money and drugs from the victims.”

Orimisan said: “While in Nigeria, I was called on the unfortunate day by a friend that I should come and treat someone at Aba-Nla area of Idi-Ayunre area of Ibadan. After the treatment, on that same day, I went to a shop as usual to check for fake drugs. This I do under the pretence that I was sent from UTH. But unknown to me, the shop owner is a police officer's wife. She had to call her husband and in the process, I was arrested.”

Items recovered from the suspect are a fake National Medical Association (NMA) identity card, fake results, a stethoscope and a medical overall gown.

No comments: