Thursday, April 23, 2015

Forgive me because of my wives, children, suspect begs

A patent medicine dealer arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has begged that he should be forgiven and pardoned because of his two wives and six children.


The suspect, Ubaka Dennis Chidozie 40, was arrested in connection with cannabis weighing 3.964kg. He was nabbed while attempting to export cannabis inside foodstuff to China.
Chidozie said that he was recently initiated into cannabis trafficking by friends.
His words: “I have two wives and six children. I started exporting foodstuff to China to augment the earnings from my patent medicine shop. My friend recently introduced me to cannabis smuggling to China. I used to hide little quantities of cannabis inside foodstuff which I give to agents to send to China. I deliberately did not inform them that there was cannabis in the bag with the hope that since the quantity was small, it would not be detected by the authority. I’m new in the business. I’m begging for mercy because of my wives and children.”

NDLEA spokesman, Mitchel Ofoyeju said that the first consignment containing 1.830kg of cannabis was intercepted at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos while another bag of foodstuff containing 2.134kg of cannabis belonging to Chidozie was also detected at Akanu Ibiam International Airport (AIIA) Enugu.
NDLEA commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar said that Chidozie was a serial offender.
Umar added: “The suspect specializes in concealing cannabis in foodstuff for innocent travellers. Luck ran on him when the parcel he sent through the Lagos airport was intercepted.  While we were investigating this case, he attempted sending another shipment of cannabis at the Enugu airport where he was apprehended. Ubaka is cooperating with the team of narcotic investigators.”

No comments: