Friday, May 8, 2015

Why I stabbed my friend to death –Suspect

Azeez
Homicide detectives attached to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos State, have arrested a 33-year-old truck driver who killed his best friend.

The suspect, Tunde Azeez, apparently still in shock, said he never meant to kill his best friend, Lukmon Ayedun.
Azeez was said to have stabbed Ayedun to death on Monday night, with a broken bottle at the Amuwo Odofin area of the state. He said the murder and death of his friend was a mistake, adding that he deeply regretted his action.
Trouble started after Azeez, bought food from a vendor and woke his friend who was fast asleep to eat with him. Apparently angry at being woken from his sleep, Ayedun was said to have punched Azeez. A shocked Azeez had quickly retaliated. Within a blink of an eye, they were both engaged in a fisticuff.
Azeez said mournfully:  "I never meant to kill him! On that fateful day, after I bought the food, I woke him. I wanted us to share and eat the food together. He angry and punched me. I was surprised. I asked him why. As if that was not enough, he broke a bottle and stabbed me on my left hand. Immediately, I grabbed the broken bottle from him and stabbed him on his head.”
Azeez said he had to run to alert a member of the Odua People’s Congress (OPC), in the area after Ayedun tried to stab him once again. “When the OPC and other people came, they decided to take us to the hospital. We were both bleeding terribly from our injuries. But on the way to the hospital, Lukmon fell off the motorcycle and died.”
NEW TELEGRAPH

No comments: