Sunday, July 31, 2016

Madam chases 12-year-old maid out of home with knife

…for failing to find kerosene
A 12-year-old maid, Esther Mfon, has revealed the harrowing experience she went through in the hands of her madam, Mrs. Blessing.
Esther’s maltreatment would have gone unchecked, if not that Blessing, furious with her for not being able to get kerosene to buy, chased her out of the house with a kitchen knife around 11pm. She was wandering the streets, confused and worried, when a security guard, from the same Akwa Ibom State as her, saw her. The security guard handed her over to another woman, also from Akwa Ibom, to watch over for the night.
The woman is Mrs. Victoria Samuel. For daring to assist the little girl, Samuel would later get arrested and detained. Narrating the story of her life, Esther said: “One day, my madam asked me to go and buy kerosene. I searched everywhere, but I couldn’t find anyone selling kerosene. People, who used to sell, didn’t have. I returned home to tell her. She started beating me.
She picked a knife and chased me out of the house. She said she would kill me. I ran out.” Esther said that it was after she ran away, that the security guard took her to Samuel. Samuel is a regular customer of Blessing, who sells foodstuff. Esther said: “The woman, who assisted me, used to buy foodstuff from my madam. She’s our regular customer.https://newtelegraphonline.com/madam-chases-12-year-old-maid-home-knife/

No comments: