Sunday, July 24, 2016

My cult group is deadlier than Aiye confraternity, suspect brags


Detectives attached to the Lagos State Police Command were shocked to their bone marrows, when a 23-year-old man, who was arrested for armed robber, rather than be remorseful or pretend to be, started bragging of how deadly and feared his cult group is.
The suspect, Bright Ogogo, was arrested alongside his cronies, Sodiq Arolu 19 and Akeem Isiaka 32.
While others were speaking with tears filled eyes, confessing and regretting their past actions, Ogogo appeared to look at them with scorn.
The suspects said they were heading to Badagry, a suburb of Lagos State, to carry out a robbery operation when policemen on ‘Stop and Search’ duty, arrested them.
The police were said to have carried out a thorough search of their bags and retrieved  two axes, two locally made pistols, three live cartridges and assorted charms.
While others introduced themselves as members of Aiye Confraternity, Ogogo appeared to be angry that people assumed he was also a member of Aiye.
He quickly corrected that notion with pride ringing in his voice.
His words: “I don’t belong to Aiye Confraternity! I’m only helping these members of Aiye in their operations. I belong to the Black Movement of Africa. It’s another cult group and quite deadlier than Aiye. It was because Aiye members knew the stuff Black Movement of Africa members are made off, that they invited me to join them during operations.”
According to him, he joined the Black Movement of Africa in December last year after they promised him a job.
Ogogo said: “They promised to secure a job for me. The cult has members in different fields, across Nigeria. It was basically because of that I joined them. But after becoming their member, my situation didn’t change. They didn’t get employment for me. In fact, since I joined, it has been one operation after another across the country.”
Ogogo, who refused to speak about his parents and family, said he thought that if he joined the Black Movement of Africa Cult, they would get a job, so that he could go back to school.
He said he was already targeting the National Open University of Nigeria. He said he knew he would have to sponsor himself through his education. He however couldn’t sponsor himself without a job.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, who confirmed the arrest of the suspects, said they were arrested at Oko-Afo, along Badagry Express Way, during a ‘Stop and Search’ by policemen, on July 9, 2016.
Owoseni said: “The suspects were apprehended on their way to attack a rival cult group at Badagry. During the search of their bags, two axes, two locally made pistols, three live cartridges and assorted charms were recovered from them.”
The youngest among the suspects, Arolu, who said he was a freight forwarder, said he wouldn’t have been arrested if he had just gone home to be with his mother.
He said: “ I was preparing to visit my mother at Oko-Afo, to celebrate the Sallah with her, when I received a phone call from my friend Akeem. Akeem said we would be going for operation that day. Fortunately, the place of the operation was along my way. We were already on our way, when we saw policemen. They were on ‘Stop and Search’ duty on the expressway. They flagged down our commercial bus. All passengers were ordered to step out of the bus for a search.”
Arolu continued: “Before the policemen could open the bag of our leader, Afeez, he ran away, leaving the bag with the policemen. He also left the three of us behind. We couldn’t escape. We were immediately arrested.”
Recalling how he was initiated into cultism, finally leading him into becoming an armed robber, Arolu said: “I was initiated into the cult group last year, by a friend whom I met at a joint where we used to smoke India hemp, at Ajegunle.”
He further said: “Whenever we meet at the joint, he always buys me India hemp. Sometimes, I also buy for him. It was through that way we became friends. One fateful day, he invited me to a party and I got drunk. Before I knew what was happening,  I found myself  in a forest. They beat and gave me something to drink. My clothes and shoes were torn before I was set free. They told me that I had become their member from that day.”
The third suspect, Akeem, said, he joined Aiye Confraternity out of frustration.
His words: “I was introduced into the cult group by one Afeez after I lost my job as a cleaner in a bank in 2012.  Initially, I was not told by the group that they were cultists. It took a while before I realised I had been initiated into Aiye Confraternity. At that stage, there was no way I could pull out any more.
 “I couldn’t pull out because I have dined and wined with them. They also threatened to kill me if I dared to leave. I didn’t want to die. Since I joined, I had never killed someone. But I used to follow them to operations.”
Akeem further lamented: “I regret my actions. I don’t know how my parents would feel when they see me in a situation like this. I know they wouldn’t be pleased. My parents should forgive me because I have brought disgrace upon them. I’m ready to work with the police to trace and arrest Afeez. I don’t want to die alone because he’s the one leading us to Badagry.”

1 comment:

meee said...

May God help dem