Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Friend lured me back to robbery, says ex-convict

A former convict, Moruf Shina, has told the police in Ibadan, Oyo State that he returned to robbery because of influence of a criminal friend. 

He said: “I have never killed or injured any of my victims. I only threatened them with my weapon which I got from a friend.
I had been involved in armed robbery operations before and I was jailed. But I was later granted pardon by the state Chief Judge, but my friend lured me back into robbery before I was re-arrested.” Shina and some other suspected criminals were paraded by the Police Commissioner, Mr. Leye Oyebade, at the state Command Headquarters, Eleyele, Ibadan, at the weekend.
The suspect, who was arrested by the Special Anti- Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Oyo/Ogbomoso unit during a routine patrol of the metropolis penultimate Saturday about 1p.m. in Oyo town, was part of a two-man robbery gang.
The gang had invaded the shop of Mr. Afolabi Lanre located opposite the old Oyo National Bank and dispossessed him of his valuables including assorted handsets and money. The prompt response of the special outfit, however, saved the situation as they arrested Shina.
Upon interrogation, Shina confessed to a series of armed robbery operation he had masterminded and carried out in different parts of the state. Shina told our correspondent that he was forced to join the armed robbery gang because of his peculiar situation. He said: “I was a driver, but when I had an accident, I injured my hand and the vehicle was taken from me.”https://newtelegraphonline.com/friend-lured-back-robbery-says-ex-convict/

No comments: