Sunday, November 6, 2016

I make N3m per trip from oil bunkering, says former Ateke Tom’s boy



*Suspect: I’ve repented, but I still kill kidnappers
*I used my guns to protect Kogi State votes, says suspected kidnapper, who has nine wives, 15 kids

Isiaka

For years, 30-year-old Zakeri Yua Isiaka has been like a feudal lord in Kogi State crime world.
He was alleged to have committed a lot of atrocities, including kidnappings and robberies.

Isiaka, married to nine wives and father of 15 children, was also alleged to be a political thug and one of the disbanded Niger Delta militants. He frankly confessed to have belonged to Ateke Tom’s camp.
He however stepped on the tail of the scorpion when he and his gang, dared to attack two operatives of the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris’s Special Intelligence Response Team (IRT).
The operatives were said to have gone to Kogi State to rescue kidnapped victims, when Isiaka and his men opened fire on them.
Since then, IRT operatives, under the leadership of a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), Mr. Abba Kyari, have beamed their searchlight on Isiaka and his activities.
When Isiaka, a secondary school dropout, was finally arrested, 15 assault rifles, including AK47 rifle, snatched from IRT operatives, were recovered from him. The police also recovered magazines and ammunition from him.
Isiaka, who claimed to be a devout of Almighty God, said he kills kidnappers instantly.



His words: “I have repented. Now, any of my boy, who gets involves in kidnapping, I hand over to the police. In most cases, the police release the person after collecting money. What I do now is that if I arrest you for kidnapping in my domain, I kill you!  You can ask the police in Kogi State about this. They’ll confirm it. After all I did, the state governor didn’t appreciate my efforts because he believes I’m in support of Prince Audu’s son Mohammed. But that’s not true.  My loyalty is to APC.”  
A police source said: “The suspect has over a 100 men, armed with assault rifles, scattered around Kogi State. He and his boys have carried out several major robberies, kidnapping and political killings within the state. He said that those he killed were political foes, who wanted to kill him.  He started off as an armed robber after his return from the creeks of the Niger Delta.
“After his return to Kogi State, he established a robbery ring with some of the rifles he brought from the Niger Delta. He and members of his gang carried out several high profile robberies within Kogi, Ondo, Benue, Kaduna states and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, where he has a car dealership stand.”
The IGP in June 2016 deployed a Special Strike Force to Kogi State, to combat kidnapping and other crimes within Kogi. The deployment became necessary as the police could no longer watch innocent citizens suffer in the hands of criminals.
In July 2016, Isiaka and some of his boys attacked a team of IRT operatives, who were in Kogi, to rescue a kidnapped victim, Edward Abutu Amedu. He was held in Isiaka’s camp. Isiaka was alleged to have ordered his men to open fire as he sighted the vehicle of the IRT operatives approaching.
“Two IRT operatives sustained bullet injuries after the incident. One of the police rifles got missing. The victim was rescued, but that operation put Isiaka into the IRT’s raider. There was a resolve to track and end his reign of terror,” said the police source.  
On October 23, 2016, operatives trailed and arrested Isiaka along Okene, Akure High way, on his way to Akure, Ondo State. 
Isiaka described himself as a freedom fighter, who was out to rescue Kogi from the clutches of evil men. He said the evil men had been controlling the affairs of Kogi for too long.
He said he was a repentant armed robber, and denied ever indulging in kidnapping. He explained that he mobilized his men to work for APC at the last elections. He said he delivered. 
Recollecting how he got involved in crime, Isiaka explained that it all started after he met Ateke Tom’s men in an Indian hemp joint, in Port Harcourt.
He said: “I discovered that the people coming to that joint were mainly into oil bunkering.  I told them that I wanted to join them and they started beating me.  They thought I was an informant. I was beaten for one week before a guy took an interest and allowed me to join. They taught me how to handle firearms. We did lots of oil bunkering. I made N3m per trip.”
He said that after he made his money in stealing oil, he moved to Abuja and settled down. He built a house and started selling cars.
He said: “I came back with three guns. I kept them in the village. At that time, the sitting governor had given guns to all the thugs in my state. My brothers had been killed. I thought it wise to have my own guns; to protect myself.  When Captain Idris Wada and Prince Audu contested in 2011 elections, I went back home and still protected the votes of my people.  I made sure I used my guns to prevent my peoples’ votes from being subverted. One of my friends was killed in the process. Before the 2015 election, PDP and APC thugs had a fight. I came back home and fought for APC. I defeated PDP.  It was then that it became obvious to my APC party men that I had become a very powerful thug.   
“When the 2015 election campaign started, Prince Audu gave me N30m to work for them in the presidential election. We worked for them; they won.  But my younger brother, Farouk, was killed in the presence of my father. He was picked his room, where he sleeping with his wife and killed. The killers left with his corpse.”
Isiaka said that when it was time for the governorship election, Prince Audu called him, to come and work for him.  He said Audu mobilised him with N20m and promised to make him the Chief Security Officer of the state and Kogi State Youth Leader. He was also promised to be put in charge of collecting revenues on farm products in Kogi.
He said: “After Prince Audu died and Yayaha emerged governor, I made efforts to reach out to him. I wanted to let him know that I was in support of his government. But the people I sent weren’t giving the right information.  They made him to think I was very close to Prince Audu and his family, and that I was angry because Audi’s family lost to him.  It wasn’t true. The people I have been fighting with are PDP thugs, who wanted to kill me. Since APC came into power, I have ordered my men, who were into armed robbery to stop. I have repented.”
He explained that in April 2015, a few weeks before the election, he and members of his gang robbed a vehicle carrying a huge amount of money in Abuja. He made over N50m from the operation and narrowly escaped death. One of his members was however killed.
He revealed that one Dan brought the information on the robbery operation to him. He further said that the money belonged to some politicians and was meant for elections.
 “We sighted the vehicle and used our car to block it. We snatched it from the driver. After the operation, I kept three Ghana-Must-Go bags for myself. I gave Dan and others, two Ghana-Must-Go bags to share. While we were sharing, one of Dan’s friends wanted to shoot me. He ended up shooting himself. Another operation I did was in Okene. I did that job with Black and we made N10m.”
He said he lost seven of his rifles to the Niger State Police Command after they arrested his younger brother who used one of his guns to snatch a car.
He said: “After the Kogi east election was canceled, and the reelection was about to start, I gave seven of my rifles to my manager. When I was away for the election, my younger brother took one of the guns and gave it to a Yoruba boy. The boy used it to snatch car and was arrested. He led police to my car stand in Abuja, where police seized all the vehicles. Police seized my seven rifles.”

No comments: