Thursday, October 5, 2017

Uber Driver: I started robbing after prostitute stole my salary



A 30-year-old Uber driver, Fosta Rufus, has disclosed that he started robbing after a prostitute robbed and dispossessed him of his salary.

Rufus said his quest for revenge started after he took a prostitute to a hotel at night for sex and the lady robbed him.

The suspect said he was shocked that after paying the lady N8000 for services rendered, she still stole his N70, 000 and phones and disappeared. He explained that the N70, 000, was the salary he just collected that day.

Rufus, who is currently in police custody, was accused of robbery. One Kia Rio vehicle, marked BDG 376 EP, used in perpetrating the crime, including a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge Plus, Iphone 6 Plus, alleged to have been collected from Nancy Nzuobo and Eze Chinasom were all recovered from Rufus and his partner, Olufemi Franklin, 36.

 He said that he and his partner had collected six phones since they embarked on robbing women. He said that he was arrested after he called and invited one of his victims to come and collect her phone from him.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Imohimi Edgal, said that the suspects used to pose as Uber drivers, to get victims and rob them. He said that the suspects target victims’ valuable such as jewelry, phones, and ATM cards.

The CP further said that the suspects confessed to have withdrawn N86, 000 from one of the victims’ accounts.

Rufus, who said that he started working as an Uber driver two months ago, disclosed that the car belonged to one Mr. Rilwan.

Rufus said: “I took a prostitute to a hotel and we agreed on N8000.  On the following day, we went to eat in the canteen. As we were eating, she told me that she had things in the car. I gave her the car key.  The lady went away with my one month salary of N70, 000, and my phones. I later told my friend what happened. I didn’t report the matter to the police because of my wife.”

Rufus said that after discussing the matter with his friend, they both agreed to punish any prostitute that comes across their way.

“We planned that we would be collecting their phones and valuables, and then later return the items. We have robbed three times. Yes, three different women. Yes, they were always passengers in my car. I collected their phones and money from them.”

Rufus said that one of the items he used to collected from his victims are Automated Tell Machine (ATM) Card. He further confessed that he uses broken bottles to threaten them into divulging the Personal Identification Numbers (PIN). 

Recalling how he and Franklin robbed their last victim, Rufus said: “We requested for her PIN.  She gave us. We didn’t touch her. She had N60, 000 in her account. We collected the money, but now she’s claiming we took N80, 000. She’s lying.

“I have called three of the women to come and take their property because I have achieved my target of punishing them for what one of them did to me. One of them came to the place we agreed to meet. She collected her phone and left. Another one, informed the police before coming to meet me at the designated venue. I never robbed only prostitutes, not Uber passengers.”

Franklin, without mincing words, admitted to have assisted Rufus in carrying out his crime.  He was also the person that assisted Rufus to get car for the Uber job. 

Franklin said: “To tell you the truth, I was the person who suggested that we should punish prostitutes for stealing Rufus’s N70, 000. Rufus and I used to work together in United Bank of Africa (UBA), as drivers in 2008. We left the bank in 2012 to join Uber, in order to make more money.”

No comments: