Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Victims’ blood on my axe, emboldens me, says suspect



A 29-year-old man, Mr James Olalekan, has told detectives attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, that he takes delight in killing people.

The suspected armed robber, cum cultist, had been on the Police Wanted for long, before he was finally arrested Tuesday last week at Egbeda area of the state.
Olalekan said that he has lost counts of the number of victims he had killed. He disclosed that he had been operating for about eight years.
The policemen were able to arrests the suspect following a tip-off from a member of the public.
Olalekan, in his confessional statement, said that he started killing eight years ago. He said that some politicians used to hire him. He explained that he went into robbery after he was used and dumped by the politicians.
He said: “I went into robbery, after politicians used and dumped me. I enjoyed shedding blood. As a cultist, whenever my axe stains blood, I derive spiritual power. The blood makes me bold and powerful; at that point, I can go for any robbery operation.”
Olalekan further told the police that he needed blood, because of the commitment he made with some of his spiritual masters; men, who prepared charm for him to aid his criminal operations.
The suspect disclosed that aside from going into crimes because politicians abandoned him, he also further embraced crime after his father died and his mother could not take care of him and his siblings.
According to Olalekan, it was because he was forced to fend for himself, that he joined cultism and armed robbery.
His words: “I have taken part in several criminal operations in south west, but I regret everything. I have nothing to show for it. The money I made was spent on women, spiritual protections and other worthless things. I’m asking for second chance; I will dedicate my life to the service of God and humanity.”
During interrogation, the suspect mentioned names of herbalists that used to prepare charms for him. He also mentioned names of his gang members, who are at large.
A police source said: “We are going after those that he mentioned. We shall arrest and prosecute them.”
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP. Olarinde Famous- Cole, when contacted and asked to confirm the arrest of the suspect, promised to get back to our correspondent after making further findings.

No comments: