Thursday, August 1, 2013

Most wanted robber arrested: killed nine people in a night, dozens of policemen



The Lagos State Police Command today arrested one of the most wanted robbery suspects on their list of wanted criminals. The suspect had been terrorizing Nigeria and Nigerians for over 10 years.
 The suspect, Abiodun Ogunjobi is otherwise known as Abbey
Godogodo.’  He is one of the suspected criminals who had been terrorising the South-West for long.
Ogunjobi was arrested at his home at Egbeda area of Ibadan, Oyo state after anti-robbery policemen monitored him for three weeks.

He told policemen that he had no regret whatsoever for the crime he had committed.
The police claimed that Ogunjobi was the robber who led a gang of robbers to a hotel in Ajah, where about seven people, including the owner of 04 Hotel, Ajah, Lagos, Olanrewaju Subair, on July 7, 2013 was shot and killed.

After they killed seven people at Ajah, they made a beeline to another hotel in Ebute-Metta area, where they mowed down two security guards.

Ogunjobi, who sensed he was finally on sinking ground, confessed that he had killed dozens of policemen.
He said he had been into robbery for over 10 years and built several houses. He said that he took to robbery because police imprisoned him for a mere crime of fighting.
He further said:  “I started robbery in 1996 and in 1999 I was charged for fighting and I spent more than seven years in prison. My stay in prison for minor crime of fighting hardened me. I vowed to pay back the police for that injustice. After I was released I went to Katanguar, in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos to meet my friend Odun, who was arrested by the police recently at O4 Hotel in Ajah.
  “Odun was an armed robber then and we started operating. We worked with sever other gangs and I invested loots of my money in arms buying. I also built five houses in Ifo, Ilaro, Ikorodu and Ibadan. I usually kill policemen and take their rifles because policemen has killed several of my boys and taken most of my rifles from them.
  “I have no regrets for all I have done and I have no advice for young people who want to become armed robbers like me. I have three children from three women. The police should take all my properties.”
The suspect narrowly escaped arrest on July 14, 2013 when he and members of his gang engaged policemen in a shoot-out along Eko Bridge, Lagos Island, after they killed two policemen at Ebute-Ero and Ajao Estate that fateful day.
Police further said that Ogunjobi had been evading arrest because he hardly uses the same gang members to carry out more than one operation.
 “He is the most notorious armed robber we have had in the South West in the past 14 years.  We arrested him 11am today at his Mansion at Olowu area of Egbeda Local Government Area of Ibadan, Oyo State and recovered two AK47 rifles and 10 loaded AK47 magazines in his house,” said a policeman. Adding: “Ogunjobi has killed many policemen and civilians. His most recent activity was at Ajah, where he killed the owner of 04 Hotel and six others few weeks ago and two other policemen.
“He had also led several bank robberies in Kwara, Ogun, Oshun, Ekiti and Oyo States. We have been arresting many of his boys and recovered many rifles form them, but he kept on recruiting more to replace those arrested.
“Our boss, Abba Kyari changed his strategy and focused on him because without getting at him, his gang will continue to regenerate. This is a Great Victory to the Nigeria police and Lagosians and South West in particular."

No comments: