Thursday, May 22, 2014

I’m being persecuted for not dumping PDP for APC – Auxiliary


I’m being persecuted for not dumping PDP for APC – Auxiliary
A chieftain of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in Oyo State, Mukaila Lamidi alias Auxiliary, said he was being persecuted because he refused to work for some politicians.
Auxiliary spoke during his parade yesterday by the police in Lagos for unlawful possession of fire arms and a series of murder in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
The NURTW chieftain was declared wanted by the in 2012, with a ransom of N500,000 placed on him and the immediate past Chairman of the union, Alhaji Lateef Akinsola alias Tokyo, for the murder of the National President of the Nigerian Medical Students Association, Bala Usman Shanono, a 500-level medical student of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.

Shanono and other travellers were caught in crossfire at Iwo Road, Ibadan, while waiting for night buses to their destinations. Auxiliary and Tokyo were also declared wanted for their alleged roles in the bloody clash between members of their factions which claimed dozens of innocent lives, along with the wanton destruction of property.
The NURTW chieftain was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police Command led by the officer in-charge, Abba Kyari, at Olodo area of Ibadan, while driving his car with registration number 647 KSF.
Items recovered from him are one English pistol marked 150533, two loaded magazines with 15 rounds each and one packet of 9mm live ammunition containing 50 rounds. Auxiliary said the pistol was mainly for his personal protection when his life was being threatened by the NURTW faction.
He said: “I bought the pistol for N350,000 from one Abdulazeez Amao who lodged in my hotel. After buying the pistol, I kept it in my apartment for my personal protection. “I did not use the pistol to kill anybody during the NURTW crisis in Oyo State then, as being insinuated from some quarters.”
Auxiliary also said that he was being persecuted for refusing to dump his party for another. He said: “I am a staunch member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and I was invited the All Progressives Congress (APC) to come and work for their success during the election.
“I declined the APC offer because I swore to an oath that I would work for PDP alone then. Immediately the present government came on board I was accused of being the one killing and causing trouble in Ibadan and its environs.”
Amao was arrested by SARS in March for gunrunning. He said: “I met Auxiliary at his hotel when he told me he needed a gun for his protection. Being into gun business, I sold the pistol and AK47 rifle to him.
“The two guns were not the only ones he bought from me. I also sold another automatic to him and some other members of his NURTW.” Manko said one Tirimisiyu Olowoposi, still at large with an AK47 rifle, would soon be arrested. He said the suspects would be returned to Oyo State Police Command for further investigation.
NEW TELEGRAPH

No comments: