Thursday, May 18, 2017

She sent armed robbers to me, tried to kill me-husband



 Mr Adejumo Atanda, 60,  has urged the Ifako Ijaiye customary court, to dissolve his 24-year-old marriage to his wife, Mrs Adejumo Ololade because she was fond of sending armed robbers after him and also once tried to snuff out his life.


Atanda told the court that he had to move out of his own house to a rented apartment, after he was robbed several times in house at new Oko-Oba.

According to him, during the last robbery incident which was in July 2014, he jumped from the window of his one storey building after the robbers came.

He said he was surprised that his wife didn’t bother to stop him from jumping. He was also angry that his wife dragged away their daughter, who made attempt to stop him from jumping.

Atanda eventually jumped and got injured. He ended up spending months in the hospital.

He said: “I was scared and I couldn’t think straight at that moment. I told her I would jump to the next building. I expected her to try to stop me, but she didn’t. Rather, she dragged away our child who was saying daddy don’t jump. It was later that I found out that she and her daughter went to hide under the staircase, of which if they had told me before, I wouldn’t have jumped.”

Ololade said she begged him not to jump, even held right to his clothes, but Atanda refused and jumped.

The woman said: “The robbers came for the Yahoo boys that were staying downstairs, not us. I tried my best to hold him, but he jumped. They didn’t even come to our apartment.”

Atanda was also angry that Ololade, knowing quite well that robbers didn’t come to their apartment, lied that they did and collected money from him, while he was in hospital.

She collected money for repair of the apartment’s burglary. She told him that the robbers took money and some documents he kept in the house.

Atanda said: “She even went ahead to pour bloodlike stuff on the floor, where I keep my documents. She said the robbers were wounded while coming through the burglary door.”
When Atanda said this, Ololade didn't comment.

The petitioner explained that he has another wife before he married Ololade, who had six children for him.

He said that Ololade’s character was what sent his first wife and six children away from his house. He added that even while he was in a critical condition in the hospital, Ololade refused his first wife and children to see him.

He said: “ She wouldn’t allow my children to see me while I was in the hospital. She left for two days and didn’t even check on me while I was being operated.”

Ololade noted that she was on good terms with her step children. She said: “We are on good terms. I have their phone numbers. We chat frequently. I was the one taking care of him and even taking him to the toilet and packing his faeces.”

Atanda burst into tears when the court asked him if he believes the two daughters Ololade had for him were his biological children.

He said: “She asked me what assurance that I have that these children are mine. She said she would poison their minds towards me. She has done that. My children no longer regard me anymore. The eldest, Sarah, wouldn’t mind hitting me if she had the opportunity. I stay in the house alone. They always go out, leaving me alone for weeks. These children are not making me happy. They don’t give me any joy; they have taken away my joy.”

Atanda said he was no longer interested in the union between him and  Ololade.  But Ololade, on the other hand, said she was still in love with her husband. The case was adjourned to May 9, 2017.

No comments: