Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Slot driver diverts phones, laptops worth N5.95million from Lagos to Kaduna



A 42 year-old driver, Olumide Babajide has been arrested for allegedly diverting of N5.95 Million worth of laptops, mobile phones and its accessories.
 The suspect, who is from Kwara State was tracked and arrested in Kaduna State by the operatives of the rapid response squad attached to the Lagos State Command.
 It was learnt that the driver took the goods from the Slot Nigeria shop at Computer Village, Ikeja to Kaduna State, While N4, 654,224 worth of goods was recovered from him.
The driver, who was employed by the company in March, 2017, by the company, was said to have been directed to take the consignment to Slot Outlet in Victoria Island in May 2017, when the incident happened.
 According to the suspect, a diploma in computer science holder, “I took the goods from slot’s shop in Ikeja when I divert it.
 He said: “I was to deliver it to another outlet in Victoria Island, but instead I took the goods to Pam-pam hotel, Ikeja, while I returned the company’s Hilux van to R and
S hotel, where we park the company’s vehicles after the day work.”
“This was not the first time I would be moving laptops, mobile phones and their accessories from out outlets to the other. When I joined the Slot Company in March I was assigned the job of a delivery man, since then I have been thinking of how to divert goods and abscond.”
 He added that: “as soon as it was 5pm that fateful day, I took a drop from R and S hotel with the consignment to Ejigbo area of the state, where I boarded a Kaduna bus.
 Babajide said, before he got to Kaduna State, “I have already contacted a buyer. Who bought N1.4million worth of phones, laptops and phone accessories from me, while I also sold some in unit to other buyers as well?”
 A Source was said to have told the police that the suspect at Kudana gave out about 10 mobile phones to passers-by. And his new mistress and bought a Peugeot 206, 1999 model with registration number DKA 859 KA from the proceeds from the sales for N912,000:00.
 The suspect who is a father of three was said to have also procured a 32 inch Samsung LCD for N62, 000:00. Also lodge in the hotel abandoning his wife and children in the Kadauna.

No comments: