Sunday, May 14, 2017

‘My friend duped me N4m, gave me stolen car’



Detectives attached to the Special Intelligence Response Team (IRT), have arrested a 30-year-old man for allegedly snatching a Toyota Camry Saloon car from a woman at the Federal Territory Capital (FCT), Abuja.

The suspect, Abba Ayuba, a native of Ginda Zakara, Nassarawa State, was accused of robbing the woman of her car, laptop, phones and handbag at gun point.
Ayuba, who denied ever robbing anyone, said that he was setup by his friend, Steven Joseph, who owed him N4million. 
Ayuba explained that Joseph, who he knew from school, swindled him N4milliom. He said that when he made efforts to retrieve his money, Joseph gave him the car.
 Ayuba said: “I have told police repeatedly that I didn’t rob the woman, but they didn’t believe me.  It was my friend Steven, who duped me N4million that gave me the car.  I didn’t check the boot of the car until I got to my town in Nassarawa State. I was washing the car when I looked inside the boot of the car and saw a woman’s handbag, laptop and two mobile phones. I sold the phone and the laptop. I took the car to my mother. I told her that my friend gave it to as barter for the money he owes me. She said I should keep it in her compound until he comes for it.  The car was there until police came to arrest me. I have taken them to Steven’s house in Abuja, but he wasn’t there. He has absconded with his family.”  

No comments: