Sunday, July 9, 2017

‘How brothers hypnotised, raped me, emptied my bank account’



A 22-year-old lady has narrated how two brothers, believed to be fraudsters, allegedly hypnotised, raped and empty her bank account.

The brothers, Bright Nwachukwu, 31, Chijindu Nwachuku, 22, who were later arrested by policemen attached Area G Police Command, Ogba, said the allegation.
The complainant, an Education- Biology graduate, explained that she met Bright on her way to the University of Lagos, where she had just graduated. She was on her way to sort out a medical registration on February 12, 2017 at Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos when Bright approached her.
According to her, Bright approached and spoke to her in French Language, asking for the address of Diamond Warehouse. She told him that she didn’t know where the warehouse was situated.
She said:  "There was a man beside Bright, who asked me to describe the place to him if I knew it.  I left the two men and checked my timepiece. I realised that I could not meet up with my appointment and decided to return home. On my way, I met Bright and the other man again. He asked me the same question and I still gave him the same answer; I didn’t know the place. I wanted to be on my way, but the other man that was with him pleaded with me to help him. He handed over foreign currencies to Bright. I couldn't remember how much, but it wasn't in naira. The second man immediately held my hand and insisted that I follow him.
"At that moment, I didn't know what I was doing anymore. I just followed them and we crossed to the other side of the road at Iyana-Ipaja and boarded a bus towards to Sango. I paid the transport fare for the three of us and we later alighted at a bus-stop, which I didn't know. We took a tricycle to another place where we met Chijindu. He posed as a store-keeper. He brought out something that looked like a photo-film and washed it in a liquid; it turned into a N1000 note. He folded the money and asked me to take a bite and an oath, that if I told anyone what took place, I would die."
She said that Chijindu urged her to bring some money so that they could print more money, but she did not have cash on her. He collected her ATM card and headed to the bank.
She said: “He said I would die because of the oath I took. I became so scared and I started crying. I pleaded with him that I didn’t want to die. Bright then told me that the only option for me to avoid death was to have sex with him. I begged him not to have sex with me, but he eventually had his way.
"When Chijindu came from where he had gone to withdraw the N19, 000 that I had in my First Bank Account, he ordered me to delete the alert message sent by my bank. He also came back with another man who claimed to be a pastor. 
 "He brought a bucket of water and after looking through it, he said my mother had some money in her drawer. He said that I should go home and bring it. He instructed me not to talk to anyone until I accomplished the mission.”
As she left the area, she took notice of a sign post, which says, ‘Toluwalase.’ When she got home, her mother and brother told her that she was acting strange and restless.
She recollected: "My mother later came to me and held me, seeking to know what happened to me. I told her I didn’t want to die. She was shocked and we both started crying. She told me that God was the owner of my life. I came back to my senses and narrated to her everything that happened.”
The matter was reported at Area G Police Command, Ogba, from there she was taken to Mirabel Hospital for checkup and counseling.
The matter was charged to Ikeja High Court. The brothers are standing trial on a two count charge of rape and obtaining money by false pretense, an offense contrary to the Criminal Law of Lagos State.
The brothers, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges. The prosecution is led by Mrs C.K Tunji- Carrena.
During cross-examination by the defence counsel, Mr. Ikenna Okoli, the lady maintained that she gave her ATM to Chinjidu and that money was withdrawn from her First bank account. She also insisted that the Bright had sex with her without her consent.
The matter was thereafter adjourned till October 10, 2017 for continuation of trial.

No comments: