Monday, July 31, 2017

Indian hemp smoking teenagers rape JSS 3 student to death


Obiamaka
A family residing at the Abule Ado area of Badagry, Lagos State has been plunged into mourning following the rape and subsequent death of their 14-year-old daughter.
The deceased, identified as Obiamaka Ngozichukwu Orakwue, was a Junior Secondary Student (JSS3).
She was alleged by her parents to have been raped to death on July 10th.
The murder of the girl, which was first shared by an Anambra State online, said that the deceased from Obosi in Anambra State, was laid to rest on July 21, at Berger Cemetery.
Residents in the Abule Ado Lagos Community, where the incident occurred, claimed to have sighted some teenage boys in the area, speaking Yoruba and smoking Indian hemp at the back of the victim’s house on the fateful day.

One of the residents said: “When I saw them, I tried to confront them, but they immediately scaled the fence of the compound and landed outside. They took to their heels. We called the parents of the girl since she was the only at home. Her mother rushed back almost immediately. When she got into their apartment, she found Obiamaka gasping for breath; blood gushing out of her private part. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.”

A distraught Mrs Orakwue, recounted: “ I was at work when I got a call from our neighbour that they saw some boys jumping out from the fence of our compound, and that my daughter was not responding to the knock on the gate since it was locked from inside. I was worried because my daughter was the only one at home; her other siblings were on holidays at my elder brother’s place in Lekki.
“On getting to the house, I opened the gate with my spare key and dashed into the room only to find my daughter gasping for breath in a pool of her blood. I asked her what happened, and muttered, "Mummy...those boys I told you about…”

Mrs Orakwue recalled that Obiamaka had sometimes ago, complained about some boys who had made advances at her when she returned from school on vacation, but she had rebuffed them. They had sworn to teach her a lesson.

Mrs Orakwue further said: "It must have been the same boys that took advantage of the fact that I and my husband went to work and gained entry into the compound through the back fence of the house where they attacked my daughter."

The father, Mr Obinna Orakwue, said: “We have reported the incident to the police and they promised to apprehend the culprits, but we still have not heard from them till date. My daughter was meant to be in JSS 3 by the next academic session. We told her to join her siblings at my in-law's house but she insisted she wanted to stay at home to help with the house chores especially since I and my wife were away at work.”


No comments: