Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Car dealer with bullet lodged in skull storms police station

Yakubu Ayuba
Mr Abulkareem Sheu said: “I just wanted to kill him so that nobody will ask me about the N1million balance for the Passat car again.”
Sheu is the project manager of a company owned by his elder brother.
He tried to kill a car dealer, Mr Yakubu Ayuba, in order to avoid
paying him his N1million balance. The attempted murder had stunned everyone who knew Sheu or had had dealings with him.
Sheu

Sheu, who graduated from the University of Abuja, where he studied Economics, said that someone under a spell: “I don’t know why the bullet didn’t penetrate Yakubu’s skull and sincerely, I don’t know what came over me that made me decided to kill him. I have never done such a thing in my life before. I just wanted to kill him so that nobody will ask me about the money again.”

The suspect started singing like a bird after operatives of the
Inspector-General of Police’s Special Intelligence Response Team
(IRT), tracked and arrested him.

Sheu became a guest of IRT after a complaint was lodged against him by Ayuba. The IRT operatives, led by a Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, were said to have swung into action after receiving the complaint. Ayuba was said to have filed the complaint on April 15.
According to Ayuba, Sheu came to his car stand in ‘Area A’ Abuja,
asking to for a Passat car. They negotiated and agreed on N2.5m. Out of trust, he handed the car over to Sheu with the original papers.
Sheu took the Passat to Kaduna State and exchanged it for a Mercedes Benz and N200, 000. He then drove to Jos, Plateau State and bought a gun with N70, 000.

When Sheu got to Abuja, he called Ayuba to come and collect his money.
When they met, Sheu brought out the gun and shot Ayuba at the back of his head.  Shocked and losing blood, Ayuba grabbed Sheu’s pistol and tried to wrest it from him. In the struggle, the pistol fell to the back seat of the car.  They started fighting and Ayuba was able to lodge his teeth into the neck of Sheu in desperation to survive.
While Sheu was screaming in pains, holding his injured neck, Ayuba ran out of the car and started screaming for help. Someone heard Ayuba calling for help and screaming armed robber and quickly alerted the police.

A police source said: “What really happened is that after the suspect shot the victim in the head, the victim still managed to struggle with him. The victim punched the hand holding the gun and it fell to the back seat of the car. They started fighting to the extent that the victim bit the suspect twice on his neck. The victim ran out of the car and started shouting armed robber. People were scared to go near.
A Good Samaritan, however, called Mabuchi Police Station. The police raced to the scene, assisted him to hospital. They also took the car with them to the station. The suspect had already escaped. The police started investigation. The hospital where the victim was taken to,examined the bullet and carried out an x-ray, after which he was referred to general hospital. The suspect later returned to the scene of the crime to find out if the vehicle was still there, but it was not.
“He went to the police station and sighted the car and then left.
After days of investigation, the policemen couldn’t crack the case.
Someone later told the victim about IRT operatives and he went looking for them, with bullet still lodged in his skull. The IRT operatives started investigation and went as far as Gombe State to located and arrest the suspect. He was brought back to Abuja. He confessed to have exchanged the Passat car he bought from the victim for a Mercedes Benz car and cash of N200, 000. The Passat is worth almost N3m. when he collected the money, he moved from Kaduna to Jos, where he bought the gun. He said that he wanted to silent the victim, so that nobody would ask him for the car or balance of the money for it. IRT operatives have recovered the Passat car.”

Sheu, 30, graduate of Economics, working as a Project manager in his brother’s company, described himself as a business, residing in Abuja.

He said: “I came to Abuja in 2006, where I gained admission into the Abuja University to study Economics.  After my graduation I joined my elder brother in his company. The company was into general contract and consultancy. I am project manager of the office.  I started working since 2009 and my brother usually pays me N80, 000. I later got married in the year 2015.
“There was this friend of mine known as Adamu, he used to sell cars in Abuja. When I wanted to buy car, it was Adamu that first came to my mind. I went to meet him at Area 10 and asked him if he had the type of car I wanted. He said that he didn’t, he then took me to Ayuba.
This Ayuba is a neighbour to Adamu. Incidentally, Ayuba had the type of car I wanted. I paid N900, 000 for the car. I then sent two boys from my brother’s office to go and pick the car for me.”

Some years later, Sheu wanted to buy another car, this time Passat
CC2009 Model and he called Ayuba. Luckily for him, Ayuba had the exact
car in his car stand.

Sheu narrated: “I went and saw the car. I even test drive the car. He
allowed me to take it home.  We later agreed that the car would be
sold for N2.5m. I gave him a postdated cheque of N1.5m. He gave me the
original papers to the car. I promised to pay him the balance of N1m
at the end of the month.  He gave me the car on Thursday and I took it
to Kaduna State.”

Sheu explained that when he got to Kaduna, he met another guy that
deals in cars and decided to exchange the Passat car for Mercedes
Benzes C180 and also collected N200, 000 from the dealer for the
Passat.

Sheu recalled: “The next day, I drove the car to Jos, Plateau State,
where I met Aminu Mohammed. He was my classmate in school. We bought a
gun from a man known as black market. I paid N70, 000 for the gun and
was given two ammunition. The gun is a locally made pistol. The seller
showed me how to use it. I then drove back to Abuja with the gun. When
I got to Abuja, I called Yakubu and told him that his N1m balance was
ready, that he should can collect it. He told me that he was at home.
He lives around Apo Resettlement area. I drove to the area and picked
him. I took him to my office in Zone 5, Abuja and from there we went
to Pape Junction to meet one of my colleagues.
“We went through Banex Junction Mabuchi and I stopped the car at a
place called Minister’s Field, because the place was very quiet place.
There were only a few people around; I removed the pistol from the
back seat and shot him on his head. He hurled himself at me and
started with me. He bit me on my neck and the gun fell from my hand.
He ran out of the car and started shouting for help.  He also left
with the car key. I became helpless.  Before I knew what was
happening, some thieves came to the scene and met me. They stole my
phone and his phone, they even beat me. I sustained some injuries
after the fight.

No comments: