Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Islamic cleric: Why I raped my girlfriend’s friend during spiritual cleansing

Ahmed
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested an Islamic Cleric, Mustapha Ahmed, for allegedly raping a student of Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, Yaba, under the guise of spiritual cleansing.

The lady became a victim of the 23-year-old suspect, after he told her that she would be dead within 24 hours, if she was not cleansed of the spiritual husband that had been bedeviling her.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Edgal Imohimi, said that Islamic cleric deceived the victim that he saw a vision that she would die within the next 24 hours.
Edgal said: “The victim decided to do the spiritual cleansing after the cleric told her that she had to do it, if she wanted to stay alive. It was in the process carrying out the cleansing that he took her to Ikorodu from Bariga, where he had canal knowledge of her. Incidentally, the victim was a virgin. He thereafter, allegedly wiped off her blood with a white handkerchief.  According to her father, since the incident, the lady had been behaving abnormally because she was completely devastated and traumatized by the incident.”
Ahmed, who admitted to the crime, blamed the act on the devil. He explained that his girlfriend, who is the victim’s friend, brought her to him for consultation. 
His words: "I liked her when my girlfriend brought her to me for consultation. So, I called her later that I saw a vision for her, and in the vision, her spiritual husband was disturbing her. I told her that the only way she could come out of the problem was for me to cleanse her. I told her that we would have to go to a river at Ikorodu for the cleansing.
"When we got to Ikorodu, I instructed her to bathe and pray three times each. She bathed the first time and prayed. The second time, I secretly put a live frog in her water. When she saw the frog, she ran out and told me there was a frog in her water. I then told her, that the frog was a bad omen and that the only solution was for a man to sleep with her. When I told her about a man sleeping with her, I advise her to call her boyfriend. When she called him, the boyfriend said he was far away.”  
Determined to have her at all cost, Ahmed pressured her on the urgency of the issue. Scared out of her wits, the victim suggested that Ahmed should have sex with her in order to save her life.
Ahmed said: “That was why I slept with her. But I didn’t wipe the blood from her private with any handkerchief.”
On why he sexually violated the victim, Ahmed replied: “I love the lady, but didn’t know how to tell her. The victim is my girlfriend’s friend. I couldn’t tell her I love her.”
Imohimi called on parents to be more vigilant, adding that it was important for guardians to monitor their female children so that they wouldn’t into the hands of predators.

No comments: