Monday, July 30, 2018

My wife is promiscuous, husband tells court

A businessman, Mr Olalekan Babalola has told an Agege Customary Court, Lagos that his 13 year old marriage with his wife, Olushola Babalola, has been built of deceit and adultery.

Olalekan told the court that his marriage is at the brink of collapse over his wife's infidelity and inccessant promiscuous character. 

The businessman claimed that his wife had two children for another man before their marriage and hid the truth from him. 

"some years after of marriage, l discovered that my wife had earlier given birth to two other children before l met her, although one died later but she never told me about it."

"She later claimed that the other child was her sister's daughter but when l found out the girl is hers, she did not deny it.

"I was heartbroken which affected my health and job.

"My wife is disrespectful and arrogant; she packed out of the house and moved into another man's house," he said

Olalekan said that his wife packed out of their matrimonial home without his consent while describing her as a promiscuous and a deceitful person. 

"My wife deceived me, she did not tell me that she had given birth before marrying me.

"Life was tough on me while growing up because I grew up from a polygamous home and I do not want my children to experience such ordeal.

"Although l cannot force my wife to come back home, but l do not want my children to grow in a separated home

"I called my wife on phone and told her that am not begging her to come back home but she should please come check on the children  at least.

"Instead, my wife told me that she cannot come to the house, that if l cannot bring the children to her,then l should forget about it".

However, Olusola, who is the petitioner and a mother of three, urged the court to dissolve the marriage.

The petitioner, from Ago-Iwoye, Ogun, alleged that her husband does not give her rest of mind

She said that her husband has refused to marry her legally and when she brings up the issue of marriage he insults her.

"My husband said that it is only "Mugus" that legalise their marriage.

"My husband takes delight in insulting me at any giving opportunity saying that l am frivolous and adulterous.

"I am tired of this union and l prayed the court to to separate us so that we go our different ways peacefully without any form of threat," she said. 

The court president, Mrs Ibironke Elabor, urged the estranged couple to maintain peace and adjourned the case until September 4 for Alternative Dispute Resolution.

No comments: