Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Why I stabbed my girlfriend to death, says suspect

Mr Saliu Ladapo, 24, who killed his 19-year-old girlfriend, Miss Confidence Nwama, has disclosed to homicide detectives, attached to the Ondo State Police Command, that he stabbed her to death because she laid a curse on him.
According to the police, Ladapo allegedly killed Nwama after she laid a curse on him for having sex with another girl.
Ladapo, who blamed the devil for his action, added that he didn’t know what came over him.
Weeping profusely, Ladapo said: “After she came back from writing her West African Examination, people told her that I came with another woman. She was very angry. She came to my place on Saturday last week and asked me what the meaning of that was.  She started cursing me; she said that I had sex with another girl; I would never make it in life. I asked her why she was cursing me. I cursed her back. She left in annoyance. She came back on May 15, 2018 and I asked her to forgive me. We got talking. I then begged her to retract the curse she placed on me, but she said she couldn’t. I seized her phone and we both started struggling to take possession of the phone. I was still begging her to retract the curse, when she went out to tell one of our neighbours that I seized her phone. The woman came to ask me. I told the woman what she did. The woman left to call another neighbour. But before the woman returned with the second neighbour, something came over me. I took a knife and stabbed her.”

No comments: