Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Devil possessed me to defile my daughter, says 60-year-old father

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 60-year-old man over alleged continuous sexual violation of his 12-year-old biological daughter.
The suspect, Ashiru Amusa, after his arrest, insisted that devil took possession of him and made him to repeatedly defile his daughter.
The violation of the girl was a neighbour, who discovered and dashed to the police to blow the whistle.
Amusa, a driver, with a monthly salary of N35, 000, lives at Akowonjo Shasha area of the metropolis with his second wife and his children. The victim is a product of his first marriage.
Although Amusa was accused of repeatedly violating his daughter, he, however, insisted that he had sex with her only once. He added that he did in April this year and after that, never tried it again.
His words: “My daughter’s mother no longer lives with me because we were never married. I impregnated her by mistake. I’m now married to a woman, whom I really love. I have two wonderful children with her. On the fateful day of the incident, my wife went to the market. I honestly didn’t know what came over me. immediately sighted my daughter that day, I started having this sexual urge towards her. I then defiled her.”
Amusa further added: “During that time, I was not myself. It was like the devil possessed me. I was not drunk and I was physically and mentally alright. It just had to be the devil that triggered me to commit such a sinful act. I wish it had never happened. I feel so ashamed.”
The woman, who alerted the police about the defilement, disclosed that she got to know about the crime after the victim ran to her one day and begged her to allow her sleep in her home.
The woman said: “The time was around 9:40pm when she came to me. It was when I asked why, that she narrated her ordeal. She insisted that her dad had repeatedly defiled her.”
According to investigator, the victim had been separated from her mother since birth. She had been living with her grandmother in Abeokuta. She went to live with her father in Lagos on April 22, 2018. It was alleged that since then, he had been sexually molesting her.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi said: “This case goes to show that with our community policing and safety partnership project, criminals have no hiding place. It does not matter who they are, how highly or lowly placed they may be. The truth is that Lagosians bond with us in our efforts to checkmate criminals in the state.”
The victims had been taken to LASUTH, Mirabel Center, for further medical examination.

No comments: