Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Billionaire kidnap kingpin in-laws denies knowledge of his arrest

*I've not  heard from my sister since she got married- elder brother

The in-laws of the Nigerian billionaire kidnap kingpin Chukwudi Dumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a Evans, yesterday denied any knowledge of the recent arrest of their son in-law by the police.


According to Mr. Chukwuemeka Okoye, elder brother to Mrs. Uchenna Uchenna Onwuamadike, (Evans wife), he had not set his eyes on his younger sister since she got married in 2006.

Okoye, who spoke in an exclusive interview with New Telegraph at his country home, at Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State, said that his sister had not been of the best behavior since she got married.
Okoye said that Uchenna didn’t come to the village after their dad, who had been sick before she got married died in 2014.

He noted that he had not seen his younger sister and her husband for years. According to him, he might not even recognize Evans if he comes across him. Okoye said that he doesn’t communicate with Uchenna or Evans.

Even when the picture of Evans and Uchenna were shown to him, Okoye said he didn’t recognse them.

His words: “Since Uchenna left our former house as a result of marriage to a Nnewi man, (pointing at the old house where they all grew up), I have not set eyes on her, nor spoken with her. She didn’t even attend the burial of our father who was sick even before she got married. I heard they were living overseas. It was my in-law (Chukwudumeje’s father) that came for condolence after my father died.

“We are here suffering a lot. As you can see, I just returned from the farm. I’m a farmer. I also do menial job, in order to get immediate payment to take care of my family. I live in this village with my four children and younger sister. I am shocked at the story I am hearing. I don’t have a digital phone to be able to know what is happening. My mother was taken away by another of my in-law to the north because she has diabetes and Tuberculosis. I am here alone with my family. When Uchenna got married, I was still single, but now I have four children and she doesn’t even know any of my children.

“This house, which my family and live, is built by my elder brother. He is in South Africa.”

The cousin of Mrs. Uchenna Onwuamadike, Reverend Emmanuel Okoye, said that as a little girl years back, he knew Uchenna to be of good behavior. He said that time and people change, thus he couldn’t vouch for her behavior presently.

The Reverend added: “We all used to live together as a family in that old house you are seeing, (pointed at an adjacent four bedroom bungalow) but at some point problem started. We were advised by the head of our clan to leave the house for them. We left and my elder brother built this one we are living in now. You can see their new house is well fenced. We don’t have any good communication flow since that time. I can’t tell much about them now.”

Uchenna’s old family house though, not fenced is still there with their eldest brother out of the thirteen children of the family occupying it.

When New Telegraph reporter got to the new house, a 19 year old woman with a two-year-old child refused to open the gate. The woman said the gate was locked from inside. She said she was willing to answer questions while inside.
It was when her husband, Chukwuemeka (elder brother of Uchenna) arrived with his bike from the farm, carrying cassava sticks, that the woman opened the big started and started smiling at the reporter.

No comments: