Monday, June 26, 2017

Day 32: Sad Sallah without our children- Parents

The parent of the abducted six students of the Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, Epe said they are not happy celebrating Eid l –Fitri without their children at home.


The parents who lament that every parent is in their various houses celebrating sallah with their family members, but there children are not with them.

The students, who were kidnaped in their school on May 25, have spent about 35 day in the captivity of the abductors in the creek.

The students who were whisked away from their hostels are Yusuf Farouk, Rahmon Isiaka, Pelumi Philips, Peter Jonas, Adebanjo George and Judah Agboasi was taken through waterways in a speedboat.

One of the parents who spoke with our correspondent on the condition of anonymity yesterday said, it is saddening not seeing one child at home for over a month.

He said: “my wife and I have taken solace in God, because it is not easy seeing others people’s children returning from school for the sallah holiday.”

“It is not easy; my wife was weeping when she saw the children of our neighbors who in the same school my son. I only take heart as a man. But my wife betray emotion when saw the children retuning.”

He added, my wife had been crying since on Friday, when I could not console her anymore, her family member had come to take her to their house.  I am appealing to government to come to our aid.  

“I believe in God that my son and his meet would be release safely.  But government should and the police should intensify more efforts to rescue them, because we the parents are dying.”

It was reported that the recently the kidnappers demanded for N20million from the parents, after collecting N10million from them.

 It was gathered from a reliable police source that the kidnappers was trying to collect the money in installment to arrive at their earlier N50million they demanded from the parents.

The source said,  no matter how long it the kidnappers to held the students in their captive and the money the collect from the parents, police is going to arrest them.

No comments: