Monday, June 26, 2017

‘I have stolen 25 phones within two weeks’



A suspected thief, Murofu Adelaja, has told detectives attached to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Raider Unit, that he derives immense joy, robbing passengers.

Adelaja, 20, was arrested by Raider operatives after a tip off from a member of the public.
Revealing his modus operandi, Adelaja said that anytime he targets passengers that are well dressed and carry expensive phones and laptops.
According to him, once he sighted them, he pretends to be a good conductor, ushering them into his bus with an air of deferential.
They wouldn’t know that he was targeting their expensive phones, money and laptops.
The suspect said that he had been stealing from passengers for year, stressing that he used to take N4, 000 home most days.
He claimed that poverty and greed pushed him into take to stealing. He said that conductor work does not meet his daily expenses. 
He explained that before his arrest, he has stolen over 25 handsets within two weeks. He sells them at giveaway prices at Computer Village.
Adelaja, who pleaded for mercy, promises to desist from stealing.
He said: “Anytime I steal phones or laptops, I derive joy and happiness. I know I will have good money to feed myself and give some to my women prostitute.”
He explained that it was from money he made from stealing that he uses to pay rent.
He said: “My parents live in Ondo State. They don’t know what I do for a living in Lagos. I also used to send money to them regularly.”

No comments: