Monday, June 19, 2017

‘I shot policeman twice to steal from online delivery men’



A suspected armed robber, Nurudeen Kazeem, has told how he shot a policeman twice in order to snatch phones from an online delivery man.


The suspect, Nurudeen Kazeem 27, aka Onyabo, was arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RSS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command.

Kazeem was arrested along with Yusuph Bello, 33, the gang’s armourer from whom two guns and machetes were recovered, Sunday Hassan, 26, the gang’s bike rider and Cali Wilfred Ehis.

He was alleged to have shot an RRS operative at the in LASU – Igando area of the metropolis. Singing like a bird, Kazeem confessed to killing two men during a cult faceoff and inflicted machete cut on another.

Kazeem said:  “I have killed two people in the past. One was to complete my initiation into Eiye Confraternity.
I was led to a beer parlour at LASU-Iyana Iba axis, where I was showed a man and ordered to kill him. I shot the guy and escaped.  I killed another guy by shooting him. I inflict machete cuts on a victim who was a member of the ‘Aiye confraternity, at LASU/Iyana Iba area.”

Kazeem is a professional tailor, before he became a commercial bike rider. According to him, he joined cultism and later graduated to robbery.

The police said: “The suspect shot a police officer in the leg, while trying to dispossess a delivery man of some expensive phones. One of the robbery gang members ordered the phones online for delivery at a specific address around LASU-Iba Road.”

Recalling how he was initiated into cultism, Kazeem said: “My friend and I were forcefully initiated into Eiye Confraternity. We were asked by some guys to use our motorbike to take them to a naming ceremony. Those guys changed the route after bringing out guns to scare us and led us into a bush where other innocent guys were to be initiated into the confraternity. In the bush, they beat us mercilessly. That was how we were initiated. Since then, they armed me with guns to kill people, particularly, rival cult members. It was while doing this that I was invited into robbery by Cali Wilfred Ehis.”

He added: “Cali invited me to assist him in collecting phones from delivery men. He ordered the phones online, gave them the delivery address. We ambushed the delivery men and collected the phones at gun point.”

Ehis, 30, was re-arrested by operatives after the arrest of Kazeem. According to investigations, he had been the brain behind several robberies in LASU – Iyana – Iba and Igando. Investigations revealed that Ehis and his gang members used to lodge in different hotels around the area. 

Ehis disclosed that he hired Kazeem to help him rob the delivery men. 

Kazeem said: “I have done this three times for Cali. I took the phones to him in his hotels, where he stayed. The first operation, he gave me N60, 000. The second, he gave me N50, 000 and the third, N45, 000. The fourth one was the one I shot the police officer. I never knew he was a police officer.”



No comments: