Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mad woman found with dead boy: Eyes, tongue removed

A suspected madwoman has been arrested today at the Mile 2, area of Apapa, Lagos State, in possession of a dead boy whose eyes and tongue had been removed.
Eye witness claimed that the woman was arrested at about 30:4pm, on top of the Mile2 Bridge, inward Apapa Wharf route.
How the woman was discovered is yet unknown, but another witness said that she was apprehended by a team of OPMENSA operatives after a passer-bye raised the alarm.

The woman was in possession of two Ghana-must-go bags. One contained rags, while the other contained the dead body of the boy, said to be between three and four years old. The boy’s eyes and tongued had been removed. The deceased had on a short and a polo shirt. The woman on the hand was said to be putting on skirt and blouse and the blouse was covered with dried bloodstains.
Another version of the story claimed that the woman simply identified as Florence, a mother of three, from Kwale in Delta State, was carrying the dead child in her back when a passerby noticed something was amidst with the child she carried and alerted nearby police.
An angry mob were about to lynch the woman alive, but for the timely intervention of OPMENSA.
While she was being questioned by OPMENSA, the woman claimed that the dead boy was her son. When she was however asked to explain what happened to his eyes and tongue, she kept mute.
She however stated: “Nothing is wrong with me!  This child is son. He is the last of my three children. I have a boy and a girl who are in the village. His name is Chidi. He was five years. He had been very sick and had fever. He needed blood transfusion but I couldn’t afford the money for blood transfusion. He died three days ago. Before he died, we wanted to travel back to the village. My husband stays in Port Harcourt. The paper where I wrote his number had been destroyed by rain. I don’t have any relative in Lagos. I was living under a staircase in one of the shops located at Alaba market. A security man allowed me and my son to sleep there at night. I didn’t steal any baby. I didn’t kill any child.  I was carrying Chidi on my back after he died when people gathered this morning and started beating me. What have I done to deserve this kind of beating? If not for these policemen they would have beaten me to death.”
An eye witness, simply identified as Ifeanyi said: “The woman was pretending to be a mad woman, but nobody believes she’s mad anymore. Policemen opened the bag the bags. They big size Ghana must go bags. One contained rags and the other contained the dead body of the boy. The policemen didn’t beat her. They appeared to be professional policemen. They kept sat her down on the ground and were just questioning her. The boy had on a polo and short, which is why it was difficult to know if other parts of his organs had been removed or not.”
Deputy Police Spokesman, Mr. Lelma Kollen, said the information just filtered in and he was still trying to track the police station handling the matter, so as to get the true picture and fact of what happened.



No comments: