Friday, July 25, 2014

Son arrested for killing 87-year-old father


Again, son arrested for killing 87-year-old father
HOMICIDE Barely three weeks after two sons allegedly murdered their fathers in Ogun and Enugu states, another one is now in police cell for allegedly killing his daddy
The police in Umuahia, Abia State, yesterday paraded a 27-year-old undergraduate of Madonna University, Chijioke Ezebuiro, for allegedly killing his 87-year-old father, Dr Emmanuel Ezebuiro. But Chijioke, who was among other suspects paraded, denied killing his father.
However, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Geoffrey Ogbonna, who paraded the suspects at the command headquarters, said Chijioke was the prime suspect as he was the only person in the house at the time of father’s death. He said the death occurred on June 30, at the house of the deceased at Umuoriehi, Isingwu in Umuahia North Local Government Area.
This came barely three weeks after a 21 year old boy, Tolani Ajayi, was arrested for allegedly killing his father, Charles Ajayi, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), at the Redemption Camp on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in Ogun State.
A day after that, July 6, Mr. Christopher Onu was allegedly hacked to death by his son, Ikenna Onu, at his home in Aguabosi village in Ugwuoba community, Oji River Local Government Area of Enugu State.

Ogbonna explained that the matter was reported to the police by one Ezebuiro Chimezie of the same address who said the deceased had been bed-ridden for some years, but on the fateful day he had left him in the house to take his children in school.
When he came back he met the deceased on the ground in a pool of blood. He quickly called the man’s personal doctor who confirmed him dead.
The PPRO added that the complainant told the police that when he left the house, Chijioke, his younger brother, was the only one in the house when the incident occurred, adding that the suspect had threatened his father’s life several times before the incident.
Narrating his side of the story, Chijioke said the incident happened last month while he was cutting trees in his father’s compound, after which he went to the bathroom to take his bath.
He said: “After taking my bath, as I was going towards my room I saw people screaming in my father’s room, so I decided to go inside to know what was happening there.
“When I went there I saw my brother and my cousin in my father’s room and I saw my dad on top of his bed. I was shocked to see blood on his head. I was so scared I had to go down stairs to call one of my cousins. When I came back with him we were asking them what happened none of them told us anything.
My cousin told us to go down stairs. The next thing was for me to see police coming to arrest me. They took me to the police station, saying I am a murderer.
That is all.” Chijioke denied threatening his father’s life at any time, saying their relationship had been cordial all along. He said he did not know how his father died.
The police also paraded four suspected cult members arrested by the patrol team attached to Ikwuano Division in possession of one locally-made pistol who claimed to be students of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. They are Kalu Nnanna, Prince Charles, Maxwell Njoku Eme and Sabastine Frankline.
NEW TELEGRAPH

No comments: