Friday, February 13, 2015

'After three abortions for him, I paid N20,000 for my lover to beaten-Scorned Lady

Talabi and Janet
A 32-year-old lady has told the police that she paid N20, 000 to a fridge technician to beat up her lover for making her carry out abortion thrice, but not to kill him as police alleged.

The angry woman, Janet Effiong, said: “I didn’t the man I hired to kill him, but to beat him silly! If I had wanted to kill him, I would have done it myself! I would have stabbed him.”
Although Effiong and the man she hired, Femi Talabi, insisted they didn’t plan to kill the victim, Murphy Edet, a cab driver, but detectives suspected otherwise.
According to them, if Talabi meant to only kill him Edet, why was he with a rod, shaped in the form of a gun? They believed he wanted to use the rod to murder Edet.

Effiong and Talabi are currently still being quizzed by policemen attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command.



The police said that Talabi was arrested at Airport Road in possession of a fabricated iron toy gun. He was allegedly attempting to attack Edet in his cab when Rapid Response Squad (RRS) men on routine patrol duty surprised him.
Recalling how he was lured out by Talabi, Edet said: “I received a call from a person (Talabi) who asked me to come and pick him at Papa-Ajao, Mushin area of Lagos. We negotiated the price before embarking on the journey. On getting to Airport Road, Talabi, the passenger asked me to stop. I suspected a foul play. I refused to stop. He attempted to bring out something from his bag. We started struggling. In the process, RRS men on patrol sighted us.”
Talabi said that he was contracted and promised N20, 000 by Effiong.N10, 000 was part payment and balance would be given later.
SARS arrested the lady who confessed she only told Talabi to beat up the driver who was her former boyfriend.

He said: “I used to buy food from Janet after closing hours. She didn’t tell me to rob the man or collect his vehicle. I called the man to meet me at Victoria Garden City VGC to carry me to somewhere. Janeth gave me his number. The man charged me N7, 000.  I told him I will pay N6, 000. As we were going, we got to Airport Road, I told him that I want to ease myself, he did not stop, it was 7:30 to 8pm, so as we got to Airport road, he stopped. He looked at me suspiciously.
“As I wanted to bring something from my bag to hit him, he started struggling and RRS patrol vehicle met us. It was a Mercedes Benz clutch that I fabricated in form of gun.”

Effiong, said: “SARS arrested me because I hired Talabi to beat up my ex-boyfriend, Murphy Edeth. Edeth took a loan of N200, 000 from me and did not pay me back. I contacted Talabi. I paid him N10, 000, he charged N20, 000. I promised to pay balance after the job. Edet and I had been dating since 2012. I’ve been spending on him, thinking he would marry me. He impregnated me three times and I aborted three times because he asked me to do so. He said it was not time for us to get married.”
According to her, after she discovered that he was not going to marry her because he has another; she took him to police station, but later dropped the case. She now conceived another way to deal with him. She hired Talabi.

No comments: