Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Robbers on motorbike snatch baby’s placenta

Suspected thieves who snatched a handbag from an unsuspecting grandmother at the Agboju area of Ajegunle, Lagos State must have cried their eyes out when they got home.


For the bag contained, not huge sum of money as the bulge bag depicted, but a new born baby’s placenta and N8, 500.

Mrs. Onwumere, whose bag was snatched, cried more over the placenta, than the money in the bag.

The woman was said to have reported the matter at the Agboju Police Station.

According to her, she was returning from a private hospital, where her daughter had just delivered a baby boy when the robbers snatched the bag from her around Agboju market.

She noted that the two robbers who were operating on a motorcycle, moved close to her before they snatched the bag around 9pm on Monday. She said she was so shocked that she could not call out for help.
Onwumere said: "The bag contained the umbilical cord (placenta) of my grandson. I was just returning from the hospital to prepare pepper soup for my daughter who had just delivered a baby boy. I went to purchase leaf because I already had other ingredients at home. They appeared from nowhere and snatched my handbag. I cursed the robbers and will continue to curse them for snatching my grandson’s placenta. They will continue to rob until they will be shot to death!" 

No comments: