Friday, February 13, 2015

Killers on motorbike pump bullets into man



A 20-year-old apprentice tailor was on Monday night shot to death at the Oworonshoki area of Lagos State by unknown killers after his prayer in the mosque.

The deceased, Sharafudeen Ajao was said inside the shop where he was learning his trade, when the motorbike killers appeared and pumped bullets into him.

A resident said: “He was killed moments after he returned from praying at the mosque. The bullets got his chest and stomach. People heard at the sound of the gunshots. It was after the dust settled that we came out and saw the deceased in a pool of his blood. We rushed him to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH). He was confirmed dead.”
It was also gathered that the assailants shot to death someone at LNK, another street in the community before coming to Odugbemi Street where the apprentice was killed.
Mr. Abdurask Ajao the deceased elder brother said:“The death of my brother is a big shock to me and my other siblings. I asked him to go andlearn fashion designing before writing his West Africa Examination Council, because I didn’t want him to be idle. I never knew that my brother would be killed. I was at home when someone came to call me that my brother had been shot at their shop, when I got there I saw large crowd outside their shop trying to take him to hospital, he was pronounced  dead at the hospital.
“We lost our mother last year, now I had lost our last born, but there is nothing I can do as Muslim, we pray Allah to grant him eternal rest.  Immediately after the incident we reported the matter to Alonge Police station.”

No comments: