Thursday, February 12, 2015

Man stabbed for pasting Ambode’s posters

One Disu Babatunde, presently recuperating in an undisclosed hospital, said that he was stabbed on his hand and shoulder while pasting the APC governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode posters by suspected supporters of PDP.

The man said that the incident occured on Friday at Ipaja-Ayobo area of Lagos State. It was also gathered that party members were injured in the attack which became a free- for all fight.
He said: “My colleagues and I were pasting posters at about 6pm on Friday, at Olude Compound, along Ipaja Ayobo road, when the thugs came out. They ordered me to stop, saying that the area I was pasting the posters, is the base of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
“We started arguing and before I knew what was happening, they had pounced on me. I was beaten mercilessly. I was also stabbed on my shoulder and hands. I however managed to escape.”
Babatunde added that: “Immediately I escaped from the scene, I was taken straight to one of the party leaders’ house by some sympathisers. The sympathisers found me on the road, writhing in pain. I was rushed to this hospital.”
He recalled that when the thugs were beating him, one of them told him that they had been monitoring his activities in the community, adding that it was time they dealt with him.

No comments: