Sunday, February 8, 2015

Jonathan’s N2.8 bn bribe: I’m prepared to declare my bank account

DR. Frederick Fasehun  of the Odua Peoples Congress (OPC), who is also the National Chairman, Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) has never hidden his disapproval of the All Progressives Congress’s (APC), candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari vying for the post of the president of Nigeria.

He has also shown his aggressive support for President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Indeed, Fasehun had accused Buhari of being behind terrorism in Nigeria. According to him, Buhari was not the messiah Nigeria and Nigerians had been waiting for.
He was so passionate that many Nigerians on social media, accused him of collecting a bribe from Jonathan.
However, while speaking with New Telegraph on the issue of money exchanging hands, Fasehun said he did not collect a dime from Jonathan, stressing that he was ready and willing to make his bank account open to anybody.
His words: “Any good thing I’ve said in this country had been seen as being that I had collected money, even for being democratic and righteous! Nobody has ever confirmed that he or she saw me take money. So, I’m used to this sort of comments. I’m not bothered! I’ll continue to be righteous. 
“I’m an addict to democracy. Bribery and addiction to democracy don’t go together. It is bribery and corruption that goes together. Every Nigerian knows that I’m an addict to democracy.  When I spoke against my own kin’s man Obasanjo, they thought I took money. When I spoke in favour of democracy, people thought I took money from late Musa Yardua. When I spoke in favour of Jonathan, they said Jonathan gave me N2.8 billion. I’m prepared to open my bank account to anybody and I’m prepared to show any bank transaction to anybody who wishes to see.”
Fasehun, who said he had no fear of violence concerning the forthcoming elections, added that since America had warned all political parties in Nigeria, he believed everybody would maintain decorum.
His words: “I have no fears concerning the election. Nigerians are entertaining too much fear over the election, either because we don’t trust our level of democracy or the agency that is responsible for regulating the election.
“I personally think that the Americans, having come to warn us now, that those who are planning evil will desist from evil.”
Asked why he thinks Nigerians should not vote Buhari since he had promised to stop Boko Haram and the killings, Fasehun railed: “No! I think what Nigerians should do, is to take him to International Court of Justice for crimes against humanity! If he knows how to contain Boko Haram, it means he knows the beginning of Boko Haram. Let him save Nigerians and democracy.”

No comments: