Friday, May 20, 2016

‘Why I lured my sisters into prostitution’

A 32-year-old lady, Mary John, has revealed to officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Zone A, Ikeja, Lagos State, the reason she tricked two of her younger sisters and a cousin to Lagos and forced them into prostitution. 

Mary, from Cross Rivers State, said she lied to the girls that hairstylist work was awaiting them but on reaching Lagos, she talked them into becoming prostitutes.
The girls, Joy Lawrence 22, Happiness John 23 and Love John 22, said they were shocked when they realised Mary, whom they held in high esteem, was a prostitute. The suspect, who said she used to have sex with four to five men every day, added that she usually charges each of her clients N400.
Sometimes, in a day, she would smile to her room with N3000 to N4000. She added: “I sleep with about four to five men every day. If I play well with some of them, they pay me N500 or N700, depending on the pocket of the man.”
According to Mary, she convinced her sisters and cousin to join her in prostitution because their mother was in dire need of financial assistance. She said they had made over N300,000, when policemen stormed the hotel one day, arrested them and collected N150, 000 for bail.
Her words: “Each time I travelled to the village, my sisters always nagged at me that they want to follow me to Lagos. I brought them to Lagos this year January. Our father is late and our mother is not doing anything. I brought them to Lagos, so that we could make money and assist our mother financially. “I lied to them. I initially told them that I work in a hotel. When they came to Lagos, I told them the truth.
They had no option than to join me in prostitution. They wanted to make money too. They agreed immediately without stress.” The Assistant Comptroller of Immigration, Mr. Musa Masa, said: “The young ladies were deceived into prostitution by their sister Mary.
She told them that they were coming to Lagos to assist her in her hairstylist work. The girls were later forced into prostitution by Mary. The owner of the hotel, Akpoghare Regina, assisted in forcing them girls to sleep with men against their will.”
Masa said that the prostitution ring was smashed after Mary’s two sisters, escaped from the hotel. One of them went to report the sexual slavery at Immigration office, Ikeja.
http://newtelegraphonline.com/lured-sisters-prostitution/

No comments: