Wednesday, May 18, 2016

‘Spirit ordered me to stab my twin brother 70 times’

The 27-year-old Mfom Destiny John, who stabbed his twin brother, Israel John, 70 times at the Somolu area of Lagos State, yesterday confessed that he was ordered by an unknown spirit to kill his twin.

Homicide detectives, attached to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, picked John after he killed Israel on Monday morning.
The suspect stabbed Israel in the neck, head, armpit and stomach. Speaking with our correspondent, John said that unknown spirit ordered him to attack Israel.
He however said that he was going to do all possible to ensure that he finds out what or who ‘controlled’ him to kill his brother.
 He said: "Israel is my warlord. I cannot stay alone. I want to go and meet him wherever he is.”
He further said:  "We went to buy a generator, along with one of our friend at Bariga Market on Sunday. When we came back, we went to a beer parlour joint to drink. Later, we all went back home, ate and slept together.
“The next morning, our friend, Friday, went outside. I decided to go and join him outside. My brother was sleeping. As I was about opening the door, I felt someone attempting to blindfold me from behind. In the process of defending myself, I grabbed hold of a kitchen knife. The knife was on top of the table. I headed straight to where my twin brother was sleeping and stabbed him severally. It was after the incident that I realised what had happened.”

He said he regretted killing his brother, adding that it was never his intention.
He explained: “I had not been myself since his death. Both of us have been helping our elder brother to run his canteen. My twin brother was about to learn how to repair shoes before the unfortunate incident.”

The suspect further confessed that he used to smoke Indian hemp, but stopped three years ago when he was about to come to Lagos. He said that he started smoking Indian hemp at 15 years.

His words: “When I got to Lagos, I started eating Indian hemp. I would pour the leaf into my palm and chew it.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Dolapo Badmos, said the police were still investigating the matter.

No comments: