Wednesday, May 18, 2016

28-year-old man kills father, mother, sisters

*Why I killed my father, by 31-year-old woman

A 28-year-old suspected drug addict, Adamu Mai Bisco, has reportedly killed his father, mother and his two sisters.

The incident occurred on Monday night in Potiskum, Yobe State. This came as a 31-year-old woman yesterday told the police in Akwa Ibom State while she murdered her 70-year-old father. 
Bisco was said to have committed the crime with a shovel after reportedly taking drugs with his friends and vowed to kill his father.
It was learnt that the man killed the victims in their sleep about 10pm, leaving behind substances believed to be hard drugs, according to police report. 
The state Commissioner of Police, Zanna Ibrahim, confirmed the incident.
He said: “Information received from Potiskum Police Division, reveals that about 10pm, Adamu Mai Bisco, 28 years (male) of Bataiya Ward in Potiskum used a shovel and killed his father, mother and two sisters.” Ibrahim gave the names of the victims as Mallam Mai Bisco, 60 years old (father), Mrs. Hamsatu Mai Bisco 60 years old (mother) and two daughters – Zayyana Mai Bisco (16) and Aisha Mai Bisco (14).
The commissioner said the bodies of the victims were evacuated and deposited at the General Hospital, Potiskum. According to him, the suspect, who seems to be under the influence of drugs, is arrested while exhibits were recovered from him. He said investigation was going on. Ibrahim added that the case was reported at the Potiskum Police Division by residents of the area.
Meanwhile, police in Akwa Ibom State yesterday paraded Glory Bassey for allegedly killing her father, Bassey Dan Udo (70) from Mbiakpan Etan Itu Local Government Area.
Also paraded at the police headquarters, Ikot Akpan, Abia, Uyo, was Mr. Silas Henry, who reportedly murdered the Head of Pathology Department of the University of Uyo Teach- ing Hospital, Mrs. Ivy Umanah (44). Bassey said she killed her father because he was the force behind her woes. She said: “I have had two husbands and five children – all died mysteriously. My brother went mad before he died and my mother had seven strange sicknesses before she died.”
Bassey added that her father had strange powers with which he killed her children before their birth. She said: “Five of my children died in my womb at the point of their birth and were evacuated through surgical operations.”
The suspect told journalists that her condition became unbearable when she became par tially blind and decided to seek solutions. She said: “I went to my mother’s grave and cried my heart out. I took sand from her grave, mixed it with water and washed my face. Later in the night while sleeping my mother appeared and told me I should confront my father that he is the cause of my problem. She even said my father was behind her death and that of my younger brother.
“Look at my legs, I had no accident. The disease just came and has defiled several medications. So, I confronted my father about my predicament but he started beating me with a cane while raining abuses on me.
“I then retaliated by snatching the same cane and using it to beat him, only to be told after a day that he had died.” However, the suspect said her father’s death had not brought any succour to her as her problems still persisted.
In a related development, Henry (28) said he killed Umanah and stole some of her personal effects. The suspect told journalists that the late pathologist refused to pay him the balance of N100,000 from the tilling job he did for her at her residence. He said: “Rather than paying my balance, she said I did a shoddy job and walked me out of her house.
Then I was angry and laid an ambush for her.When she was about to drive out, I picked a rod, chased and killed her in her room out of anger.” The police said Henry fled to Aba, Abia State, after the crime where they trailed and apprehended him. He confessed to the crime.
In another development, a 17-year-old man, Uwem Akpan- Ebe, from Essien Udim Local Government Area, allegedly murdered his aunty. Uwem said he went to a church where he was told that one of his relatives wanted to use him for rituals. He said: “I suspected that my aunty, whom I have lived with for many years, had the intention to use me for ritual purposes. That was why I killed her with a machete.”
The state Police Commissioner, Mr Murtala Mani, said the suspects would soon be arraigned in court. Mani, who spoke through the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Cordelia Nwawe, said the command would not tolerate killings under any guise.
http://newtelegraphonline.com/28-year-old-man-kills-father-mother-sisters/

No comments: