Monday, February 26, 2018

LG official defiles 11-year-old niece

A 42-year-old official of the Environmental Department of Somolu Local Government Area of Lagos State, Mr. Jamiu Yusuf, has been arrested for allegedly defiling his niece. Yusuf, it was learnt, had been making love to the 11-year-old Junior High School student since she and her mother moved into the suspect’s house in September 2017.
The suspect was arrested at Moshalashi Street, Somolu. The victim accused Yusuf of coming back home whenever her mum had gone out to make love to her. She said: “I was sleeping in the sitting room, immediately my mother travelled my uncle came back from the office and woke me up and
asked me to follow him inside the room.
“On the fateful day my mother had travelled to Abeokuta for a function when my uncle came. He gave me money and asked me to follow him inside his room. I obliged because he is my uncle. “Immediately we got into his room, he started caressing my body. Before I knew what was happening, he had stripped me and forced his way into me.”

The Coordinator of Child Protection Network (CPN), Comrade Toyino Okanlawon, who the victim’s mother informed about the incident, went to Onipanu Police Station to report the incident. Okanlawon said when the suspect was brought to the police station, he told the Divisional Police Officer that he was trying to kill mosquitoes from the victim’s body; claiming he did not sleep with her.
He said: “After the suspect had slept with the girl, she did not tell her mother. But the mother later noticed blood stains and some white discharged in her pants while washing her clothes. When she asked the victim to explain how she came about the stains on her pants, she then confessed to her mother that, it was her uncle who slept with her.
But when the mother confronted the suspect about the incident, he prostrated and begged her to forgive him.” Okanlawon said that the medical test conducted on the victim by Mirabel Centre at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja showed the suspect had sex with the girl more than once. When contacted to confirm the story, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Chike Oti, promised to get back to our correspondent.
NEW TELEGRAPH

No comments: