Friday, February 16, 2018

Man remanded for allegedly defiling 15-year-old daughter.

Image result for defiling a child
A 41-year-old driver, Raymond Ikechuckwu Anyanwu was yesterday remanded in prison custody by an Ikeja Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court, Lagos for allegedly defiling his 15-year-old daughter(name withheld).
Anyanwu, who denied the allegation, was arraigned on a one count charge of defilement of a child.
According to the Chief State Counsel, B.T. Boye the incident occurred sometime in January 2016
at No. 9 Anuoluwapo close, Ajao Estate.
Boye said that the offence of child defilement was contrary to Section 137 of the Criminal Law, Cap C17, Vol 3, Laws of Lagos State, 2015.
However, in her confessional statement, the fifteen year old alleged that her father began having sex with her since primary five.
She also alleged that she was also impregnated by her father sometime in April 2016 and her mother aided in the abortion.
According to the written statement dated June 16, 2016 "since I was in primary five, my daddy began to sleep with but I never liked it.
"He was always using cane to beat so that I would sleep with him and sometimes would squeeze my neck while threatening to kill me.
"When I said he is sleeping with me, I meant that he would remove his manhood and put it in my 'wee wee'.
"And sometime in April, my Dad got pregnant and my mother helped me to remove it.
"On one occasion, he came to beat me and my mum pleaded with him not to but instead he beat me and my mum.
"I cannot remember the name of the hospital where we went to remove the pregnancy but I know that its in Oshodi.
Justice Sybil Nwaka adjourned the matter till February 20 for trial.

No comments: