Monday, July 7, 2014

My husband’s killer is professional says Kunle Fadipe’s widow

The grieving wife of murdered human right activist, Barrister Kunle Fadipe, has revealed that the man who attacked and killed her husband was a professional killer.
Mrs. Kemi Fadipe said: “I had initially thought the attacker was a robber when he demanded for money immediately he gained entrance into the house, but the way he stabbed my husband however made her to realize that he could actually have been a professional killer.
 “Upon reflection, I have come to the conclusion that he is a professional. He stabbed my husband at the left side of the neck and the left armpit, all indicated that he knew the most fatal places to strike at a human body.

“I also realised that he was too much in a hurry. He was asking for too many things at the same time and threatening that somebody would die if all were not met. As he was asking for money, he was demanding for laptop and for phones. He was in a hurry and was not patient even when he saw that my husband and all of us were cooperating with him.
“My husband had gone upstairs to get him money, when he demanded for laptop and we were still at the staircase when he began to rain slaps on my husband. When my husband turned back to know the reason behind the assault, he was met with a terrible stab to the neck
and that was when we knew he might have come for something else.”
She said the man continued to stab her husband even despite efforts made by her and her children to mob him.
She recalled: “We attacked him with stool, wood, bottles and everything, but he just hung on, jabbing at my husband.”
She said such a man deserved to be put on the hot chair, and those who sent him to carry out the operation must be exposed and brought to book.
The deceased son, Folahan, said he could not believe that his father would not make it.
He said he had gone out to put off the generating set when he was suddenly attacked by the man who stabbed him on the head with a knife.
“When I looked up, he make to strike me again, but I blocked it and he cut my right hand, at that point, I ran inside and alerted my father who ran out and upon seeing me in a pool of my blood accosted the man
and asked him what he wanted.
“The man demanded for N500, 000 and he said he didn’t have that amount. He mentioned an amount which I cannot remember now, and the man led him upstairs. They were still upstairs when the man started demanding
for laptop and other things and just as my father was coming downstairs to hand those things over, he started slapping him and before we knew him, he was using the knife he brought with him on him.
“We fought him off, but he was very powerful, he had four times the strength of someone of his age and was fighting us off. He must have been high on drugs because nothing we hit him with had any effect on him. I hit his head with the USB and he just shrugged it off. We
attacked him with sticks, wood and bottles but they had no effect on him. Not until we blindfolded it with a curtain and that was how we prevented him from escaping,” he said.
He called on the Inspector General of Police Mr Muhammed Abubakar to ensure that those behind the dastardly act are brought to book.
Folahan who praised the police for how far they have carried on with the investigation pleaded that they should remain above board and
ensure that his father’s killers are unmasked and the reason behind the gruesome murder exposed.
Mrs. Fadipe also implored members of the Nigeria Police Force, not to allow her husband murder to join the legions of unresolved murders in the country.
The woman said that the murder must be investigated and the masterminds brought to book. She said her husband was a straight forward person, not given to cutting deals.
Meanwhile eminent Nigerians have been trooping to the Fadipe house to condole with the family and to pay their last respect to the soul of the departed human rights fighter. Among those who were at his house over the weekend were Mr. Femi Falana, (SAN), the founder of Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders Mr. DeboAdeniran, Chairman of Ejigbo Local Council Development Area Mr
Kehinde Bamigbetan, and the Ifako Ijaiye Local Government Chairman Apostle Oloruntoba Oke.

No comments: