Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Brother organizes robbers to attack, rape pregnant sister



The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, has arrested one John Ige, who allegedly organized armed robbers to rob and rape his pregnant sister.

According to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr. Fatai Owoseni, said Ige, a hairstylist with his shop located in front of his sister’s home at Sango-Otta, along with some of his friends, robbed his pregnant sister, Temilade and even attempted to rape her.
It was gathered that Ige would have gotten away with the crime, if not that the suspects, while on the robbery operation, unwittingly mentioned his name.
When Temilade reported the matter to the police, she fingered her brother.
Owoseni said that just as the suspects were about to pounce on her, one of them realized she was pregnant. The rape idea was immediately abandoned.
Owoseni said: “The suspect planned with friends, robbed his sister’s house at night and even wanted to join in raping her. The suspect and his friends stole a Lexus 350 Jeep, jewelry, Plasma Television and N70, 000 from temilade. When the information got to the police, we immediately went into action. We got to know it was John, Temilade’s younger brother that planned with friends to rob his sister. John claimed Temilade was always maltreating him. He said his friends wanted to discipline Temilade.”
Owoseni said that four men went for the robbery operation, but only Ige and David Chibike, 28, are presently in police custody. The police boss said that others are still at large.
The story however took a doubtful twist, after Chibike, speaking with journalists, said he had never set eyes on Ige, until police arrested and took him to police station.
Ige denied being part of the suspects that robbed and attempted to rape his sister.
He said: “One night, Wisdom and his friends came to my shop. They saw the way my sister maltreated me when she came to my shop. They felt sorry for me and told me they were going to deal with my sister. I thought they were bluffing. I later got a call from them that same night, that they had just robbed my sister’s house. I couldn’t tell anyone. They said I should come over to their place.”
Ige said that he dashed to the place that same night and saw the items stolen from Temilade.
He added: “They gave me N10, 000 as transport fare. I went home the following morning. Immediately I got home, my sister called me. She said she was robbed by some people. I couldn’t tell her I know the people because I had already collected N10, 000. My sister told police she suspected me. I didn’t know Wisdom and his gang mentioned my nickname “Biggy” while they were robbing her.”
Chibike, a car dealer said: “I don’t know John from It was after I was arrested that I saw him for the first time in my life. I was at my shop when some guys brought a Lexus 350 car to me.  I didn’t have money to buy it, so I called Joe, a naval officer. Joe is my customer. Joe saw the car and promised he would buy it. Joe was yet to come, when police came to arrest me. I’m not part of any gang! I work and have my office at Apapa.”

No comments: