Thursday, March 19, 2015

Gospel singer stabs undergraduate boyfriend to death


MOSES


The father of the 200 Level Computer Science student of ICT Polytechnic, Onabanjo, Ogun State, who was allegedly stabbed to death by his campus girlfriend has said his son was killed over a mere dream the lady had.

The 20-year-old Moses Eric, student of ICT Polytechnic, Onabanjo, Ogun State, was alleged to have been knifed to death by his girlfriend, Monsurat Yusuf, 22, also undergraduate in the same school. Moses was killed on March 17, 2015. Yusuf , a 200 Level student, is stuying Business Administration.
ERIC
The Moses and the lady are believed to have become close after both discovered they love and flair for music. While the deceased plays instruments in churches, the suspect, nicknamed Alhaja Saudi, sings Islamic songs.
The circumstances that led to Saudi stabbing Moses is yet unclear and has two versions. While some students claimed that the lovers quarreled and Saudi stormed off in huff, returned with a knife and buried it into Moses left heart side, his father, Mr. Emoye Eric said he heard that both students quarreled after the lady had a dream that Moses attacked her. The quarreled led to the stabbing.
When our correspondent visited the home of the deceased in Ikeja yesterday, it was crowded with people paying condolence visits.
Eric, who is a mobile officer, said he had accepted the demise of his son and left justice in the hands of God. Moses is the first among four children.
Recalling how he saw and identified the corpse of his son, Eric said: “The briefing I got from the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) is that the lady said she dreamt that my son slapped him in her dream. But I don’t know what transpired to the extent of stabbing him to death. The dream however was the beginning of the problem.”
Eric, who said he got the news three days ago, further explained that the Rector of the school called him. The Rector said that if he couldn’t come, he should send a representative. This made Eric to know something was wrong.
He said: “When I heard that, I drove down to the school. The Rector told me that the DPO wanted to see me. I wondered why the DPO would want to see me. I asked if my son was in the school premises, he said yes, but I should see the DPO. I finally got to the DPO’s office and he told me what happened. He told me that Eric had a quarrel with a lady called Alhaja Saudi and that she stabbed him.
“I asked where my son was and he told me that he was in the mortuary. I asked for the name of the hospital. I asked for the name of the hospital and he told me. I went down there. I saw his body lying there dead! I prayed for him and left the hospital for the police station.”
Asked if knew Moses was dating the lady, Eric denied. He said that just like so many other students, Moses lived off campus and stays in a building which houses several students. He recalled that most times when he comes to visit his son at school, it was the lady who used to serve him drinks.
“But my son never told she was his girlfriend. What my son told me was that the lady is a gospel musician. My son too plays band in our churches.  They both have interest in music. I guessed that was what brought them together.”
He said that the police had arrested the lady, but refused to allow him see her, just to ask her some questions. He was also told that she and the case file had been transferred for further investigation.”
The deceased’s mother was in Kano State when she heard about the murder of her death son. She came to Lagos the following day. The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, who confirmed the incident added: “The incident happened on March 17. The suspect is in our custody. The victim was stabbed and died right there on the spot. The case has been transferred to the Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation.”
Adejobi further said that there was an argument between the two, leading to the lady stabbing  the deceased. “She stabbed him on the chest and he died instantly.”

No comments: