Monday, March 16, 2015

LAWMA worker held for attempting to sell pistol



Detectives attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command have arrested a worker of the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) for attempting to sell a pistol to a colleague.


The suspect, Paul Basir, 22, said that the pistol did not belong to him, explaining that he picked it on the ground and thought selling it would fetch him more money for his pocket.

Basir, who resides at Mile 2 area of the metropolis, was arrested on January 11, 2015, at Ojota by SARS.

The suspect said: “I’ve been working with LAWMA since 2010. My duty is to park waste being. On January 10, while working at Gbagada area, I saw a gun and picked it. I showed one of my colleagues. He said I should throw it away. He told me that if he or I should take it to the police, they would arrest us.”

Basir said that the following day, he informed another of his colleague at the office. The guy expressed shock and accepted to buy it from Basir.
Basir said: “I told him that the gun is for sale that he should bring N8000, he said he can only afford N5000, so I gave him the gun. I was shocked when I saw him with a policeman. I used to receive N15, 000 every month. I’m alright with the salary. I just feel like selling the gun so that I could have more money with me. My father is late and my mother is staying at Plateau State. We’re four in our family and I’m the second born.”

No comments: