Tuesday, March 31, 2015

How I escaped from kidnapper, by lady


How I escaped from kidnapper, by lady

NARROW ESCAPE

A suspected ritual killer turned commercial motorcyclist lures lady into the bush

A 24-year-old lady has revealed how she escaped from a suspected ritual killer at Ibadan, Oyo State. 
The victim, Rasheedat Adetunji, who spoke from her hospital bed in Lagos, said that she went to Ijebu-Ode with a friend to attend a party and decided to head to Ibadan to see her sister.

She got to Iwo Road, Ibadan about 6:30pm, where she hopefully supposed to take a motorcycle to her sister’s home at Alakia Isebo area of the metropolis.
When a motorcycle came, she quickly jumped on it, unaware she had walked into the waiting arms of a kidnapper. She said: “A motorcycle rider approached me. I told him where I was going. He told me how much he would collect. We bargained and agreed. I was not familiar with Ibadan.
When we got to a certain junction, the motorcycle rider asked me to remove my trinkets. He said hoodlums robbed a lady of her jewellery earlier that day.” Adetunji said she quickly complied. She stuffed the trinkets into her brassier. She recalled: “Immediately I removed them, I became unconscious. I could not talk anymore. All I knew and remembered was that I found myself in a thick forest in a village called Akinyele in Akinyele Local Government Area of the state.”
It was at the point of heading further into the forest, that she regained her senses and saw that the man was attempting to drag her into the forest. She added: “The motorcycle rider was dragging me on the ground, urging me to follow him into the forest. I refused. He started beating me with an object that looked like a cutlass. It was dark, thus I could not see very well. I was also bleeding. “When the beating became unbearable, I started shouting.
We saw a car headlight; the car was driving towards us. Immediately the motorcycle rider sighted the car, he shouted thief! Thief! The driver reversed fast and disappeared.” Adetunji said that a few minutes after the driver disappeared, two hunters on motorcycle rode to the scene. They later told her that they heard her cries and followed the sound of her cries. She said: “That was how I was rescued from my abductor. I was rushed to a nearby hospital that night for proper medical attention. “The matter was also reported at Ojoo Police Station, where the suspect was detained.
He was later transferred to the Special Anti- Robbery Squad (SARS), Eleyele for further investigation.” The victim’s mother, Mrs Iyabode Adetunji, said she gave Almighty God the glory for bringing her daughter back safe and sound. She said: “My daughter told me she was going to Ijebu-Ode for a party with a friend. She also told me that she would go to Ibadan. I thank God my daughter is here.
Even though we are still treating the wound she sustained from her abductor. “I used to think stories of people being kidnapped were just stories until it happened to my daughter. I want the Oyo State Police Command to ensure my daughter’s kidnapper is prosecuted, to serve as deterrent to others.”
http://newtelegraphonline.com/how-i-escaped-from-kidnapper-by-lady/

No comments: