Monday, November 6, 2017

Brothers arrested for plotting to abduct wealthy baker


 Operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Tactical Team of the Edo State Police Command have spread its net to know those involved in the botched kidnap of a renowned  rich baker, who also happened to be the owner of ‘Mike Bread’ in Benin.
Two brothers; Andrew and Shedrack Adubu, from Ikoro village in Ovia North East Local Government Area, are in police custody for plotting to abduct the baker.
The two were arrested alongside an accomplice, John Ditere, while searching for someone who would supply guns and car to them to facilitate the abduction.
The suspects said they had planned to keep their victim at a forest along Benin-Lagos express road, until ransom was paid.
According to Andrew, it was Shedrack who orchestrated the plan to abduct the bakery owner and convinced him to join.
Andrew further stated that he had planned to make millions of naira from the business before police smashed their dream of becoming millionaires.
His words: "We had not even done the job before we were arrested. I wanted to go into kidnapping, so my brother said he knows the man. We didn’t have tools, so I called John, who said he knew somebody that could bring the tools.”
Shedrack said: “My brother called me about going into kidnapping, so I suggested the baker. I believed that if we succeeded, I would have made N1million.”
The state Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, said that the gang members were arrested after a diligence investigation.

No comments: