Sunday, November 19, 2017

Two brothers arrested for killing apprentice


 The Niger State Police Command has arrested two brothers for allegedly killing  23-year-old Ebuka Eze, at  Bosso Local Government Area of the state.

The brothers were alleged to have murdered Ebuka in his master’s shop around 10am. The Police on Tuesday, arrested the brothers, Ekana Sunday 24 and Henry Sunday 22, at the Kpakungu area of Minna, the state capital. The arrest came after a tip-off and police journey to Bosso area, opposite Federal University of Technology, FUT, Minna.

The father of the deceased, Peter Eze, 65, described the murder of his son as horrible. He said:  "This is not an act of God, no! I can't believe this: It is difficult to attribute this devilish act to the will of God. Why should they kill my son? Over what? Those that killed my son must tell me why they did so, and who sent them to carry out this ungodly act. The law must take its course. My son has not committed any crime to deserve this death.”

Peter further disclosed that in 2008,  when Ebuka left them after his secondary education to learn a trade under a master in Abuja, they had hope, he would one day graduate and become successful, to later take care of them.

Peter said: “Now, they have killed and taken him away from us. What a wicked world.”

Ebuka,  who sell chemicals in Bosso, was the second child of his parents, and had only two years left to serve his master before he could get his freedom and start his own business.

The killers are said to be children of Ebuka's customer, called 'oga Sunday.'  Ebuka got to know Sunday through his father two years ago.  

Ebuka's killers, who reside in Kpakungu area, a suburb of Minna, were said to have trailed him for four days, visiting his shop on a daily bases to ask the price of one item after another.  

A customer, who used to buy items from Ebuka said: “ I saw Ebuka’s killers in the shop a day before he was killed. The men pretended that they wanted to buy some items. In fact, on Friday that I saw them in the shop, they were negotiating to buy some items in the shop. They even assisted me to park some things that I bought into my car. I believe they were trying to hurry me out of the shop. I was surprised when I heard that they were the people that killed Ebuka.

"I spoke with Ebuka about 20 minutes before he was killed. I called him to get a number from him, but 10 minutes later, when I called back, the telephone rang, but nobody picked. Later, I was told that some boys attacked Ebuka in the shop."

The Niger State  Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Abigail Unaeze, said the command would not relent in its fight against killers and bandits in the state. She disclosed that the suspects would be charged to court soonest.

No comments: