Monday, November 24, 2014

Policeman kills IT expert in Lagos


Policeman kills IT expert in Lagos
A 32-year-old Information Technology expert has been reportedly shot dead by a police inspector attached to the Lion Building on Lagos Island. 
The victim, Adeniyi Asubiaro, was said to be sitting in front of his house on Oshodi Street on Thursday when he was shot by a policeman allegedly chasing some youths at a birthday party.
The victim’s mother, Mrs Iyabode Ganzalo, told our correspondent at the weekend that she went to a Parent- Teacher Association meeting and decided to check on Adeniyi, but his wife said he was still in the office at Sura Shopping Complex. She said: “Before I left my son’s house, I saw some youths gather at a garden close to his house on Oshodi Street celebrating birthday.
I left for my shop where I sell groceries at King’s College hostel. “As I was about to settle down to attend to some students, someone shouted ‘Mummy, meet us at the General Hospital, it is your son, Adeniyi’. “When I got to the Island General Hospital, I met his friends and some other family members crying and rolling on the ground. Yet, I had not known what happened.
But when I was allowed to see my son at the Emergency Ward, he was already dead. “I started crying and was asking his friends who could have done this to me. I was told that it was one ‘Inspector Akeem Skoda’ from the Lion Building police station. He fired a shot when he was chasing some youths at a birthday party. It was the shot that hit my son where he was sitting in front of his house
. “After the policeman had killed my son, he ransacked his pocket and took his phone, money, wristwatch and office key.” The widow, Mrs Idayat Asubiaro, who is eightmonth pregnant, said there was no light on the fateful day, so she and her husband decided to sit outside the house and take fresh air.
She said: “But suddenly we saw people running. My husband and I also ran and took different directions. After the dust had settled, I went to his friends to know his whereabouts. I was told someone had been shot. “I tried to know who was shot, but I was told it was not my husband.
“Who will take care of me and my baby? I want the Inspector General of Police, Suleiman Abba and Governor Babatunde Fashola to come to my aid. I have nobody to ensure justice is done.”
When contacted on the telephone, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Kenneth Nwosu, asked our correspondent to send a text message to him on the issue. But at press time, he did not reply the text message.http://newtelegraphonline.com/policeman-kills-it-expert-in-lagos/

No comments: