Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Motorcyclist battles for life after cult members’ attack


Motorcyclist battles for life after cult members’ attack
There was tension yesterday at the Adesan- Olu, Mowe in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State after some suspected cult members, in a bid to snatch a motorcycle, stabbed the rider on the neck. 
The victim, Sanjo Oyetola, was attacked by the cult members at Madam Poultry Junction, where they had laid ambush for him. They pounced on the rider and in the struggle, stabbed him with broken bottles.
A witness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the incident happened about 8am. He said: “I was outside my shop when the motorcyclist and suspected cult members engaged in an argument. Before other traders and I could move close to the scene, the motorcyclist had been stabbed. Blood was gushing out. We had to rush him to a nearby clinic where he is receiving treatment.”
Oyetola, who spoke with our correspondent on his hospital bed, said: “Last Friday, during the Holy Ghost night of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), I worked late. When I was about going home after the day’s work, I decided to go to a cafeteria to eat. It was there I first met members of the cult group. They threatened to seize my motorcycle from me, but I overpowered them.”
According to the victim, since that encounter, the youth seemed to have marked his face. But yesterday, Oyetola said he was taking his master’s daughter to school when one of the cult members approached and threatened him. “He wanted to seize my motorcycle. I struggled with him. Other members came out from where they were sitting. One of them stabbed me on the neck. Some sympathisers brought me to this hospital,” said Oyetola.
The Coordinator of Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), Mowe branch, Mr Bamidele Oyeyemi, appealed to the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Ikemefuna Okoye, to come to the aid of the community. He said: “We cannot sleep with our eyes closed in Mowe anymore. Different cult groups have taken over our community.”
The Baale of Adesan Olu community, Mr Tajudeen Adesan, said that he had made several efforts, with assistance of the police to flush out cult groups from the community, but to no avail. He said that last year, his son was attacked and stabbed by the same group. Adesan said some of the cult members were from Bariga and Shomolu.http://newtelegraphonline.com/motorcyclist-battles-for-life-after-cult-members-attack/

No comments: