Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Soldier lures robbers to police station


Soldier lures robbers to police station
A soldier has helped the police in Lagos to apprehend two suspected armed robbers. The soldier, who disguised as a cab driver, lured the suspects, Osas Solomon and Alexander Saleh, to a police station while they were going for a robbery operation.

It was gathered that the soldier picked up 21-year-old Solomon and Saleh, 35, in his cab on NEPA Road, Ajah, but suspected they were robbers. According to a police source, Solomon and Saleh also belonged to a cult and were fond of operating in military uniform to disguise their identity.
It was also gathered that after the soldier drove them to Ajah police division, the suspects were later transferred to the state Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) for further investigation. It was learnt that three suspects were in the cab, but while Solomon and Saleh were arrested, their accomplice, identified simply as Sunday, escaped through the window.
Solomon, who hails from Benin, Edo State, told our correspondent that the soldier who exposed them had played along as if he did not know their mission. He said: “Alexander (Saleh) is my family friend. I knew he was also a cult member, although I did not like to join. He was the one who said we were going for an operation.
While we prepared, another gang member named Sunday came to our place carrying a bag of guns to show the gang that all was set. “So, we set out. We saw the vehicle. The soldier played along as if he did not know our mission. But when he saw our guns, he headed straight for the Ajah police division.
While driving into the station, he started shouting that he was carrying armed robbers.” Solomon added that he worked as an apprentice with his aunty before he joined the gang. He said: “I was learning Fashion Designing from my Aunty, Vivian, who lives in Ogombo area of Ajah, before I met the gang.
They threatened to kill me if I did not join them. My parents are in Edo State; they are both retired workers. “It was Sunday, a native of Ondo State, who worked as an electrician in the area that invited me to join the fraternity.
He said I risked being killed if I refused to join them. Those cult members were also robbers. The gang usually puts on military uniform to scare people.”

No comments: