Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The human head is to cure my leprosy, madness-Suspect


‘Herbalist demanded human skull to cure me of madness’A 35-year-old man who was arrested for dealing in human parts have begged police to allow him go, promising to desist from the trade. He also said that the human skull found with him, was to be used in the cure for his leprosy and partial madness.



The suspect, Olorunto Dipe, was arrested at Ajibawo, Atan Otta Ogun State on October, 22, based on a tip-off. Dipe’s arrest was led by Abba Kyari, a Superintendent of Police (SP).
Speaking on the human skull found in his possession, Dipe said he bought the human head for N12, 500 from Benin Republic, Cotonou and planned to sell it to a man simply named as Ashiwaju for N20, 000.
In the same breathe, Dipe claimed that he was suffering from leprosy and partial madness and was asked to bring human skull for treatment by Ashiwaju.
Dipe confessed that he met Ashiwaju at, Atan in Ogun State.
Olorunto said: “It was Ashiwaju who asked me to bring a human head. He said he would use it to help me. I went to Cotonou and bought it for N12, 500. I had the intention of selling it N20, 000 to him, before I was caught by the police. Ashiwaju promised to help with a cure, with a human head, but he did not succeed. It was a hospital that finally cured me.”
After the arrest of Dipe, the police trailed and arrested Ashiwaju. He was however granted bail after he claimed not had seen sight eyes on Dipe before.
Dipe, who is a farmer and a father of four, said: “I’m a foolish man because when I was arrested, the person who asked me to get the human head denied me. If I’m released, I’ll not deal in human heads again. Please police should forgive me!  I won’t do it again!”

No comments: