Thursday, July 30, 2015

I invested in cocaine to make N4m profit –Suspect

Chide
A drug suspect has told operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) that he sold his piece of land for N2 million and invested it in cocaine trafficking.
The suspect, Chibude Chide, 44, said the investment would yielded a profit of N4 million.
The father of one, however, said he regretted his action. He said: “I used to sell clothes and my business was flourishing in 2007.
My problem started in 2008. I lost my three big shops. I see it as a spiritual attack because I lost everything I had laboured to acquire over the years. “I sold the only property I have in Enugu with the hope of relocating to Lagos. Unfortunately, I listened to wrong advice and invested my last savings in cocaine business.
They assured me that I could earn twice the amount I invested in the deal. But I’m regretting my action.” When asked if he was aware that drug trafficking attracts capital punishment in China, Chide said that he never thought about it.
He added: “I never thought of it. My entire attention was on the N4 million profit I would have made from my trip. I’m worried now about my wife and daughter.” The suspect was arrested while attempting to board a Qatar Airways flight to China where drug trafficking is punishable by death.
The NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Mr Hamza Umar, said the suspect ingested 1.185kg of whitish substances that tested positive for cocaine.
The NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, who described drug trafficking as criminal, also warned that those who seek wealth from criminality shall end up in prison.

No comments: