Monday, July 20, 2015

My husband was murdered over APC politics –Widow

The later Daramola and his widow

Wife of the late chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) said her husband, David Daramola, was stabbed to death inside the party’s secretariat at Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos over squabble in the party. 

The widow, Mrs Eri Daramola, who spoke at their 208 Road, FESTAC home, said: “My husband was killed for being loyal to the former Amuwo Odofin Local Government Chairman, Ayodele Adewale. He had received threatening calls several times. “Someone even called me one day and told me to warn my husband to be careful. We were expecting appointment for him. We prayed towards the appointment. We were not expecting death.” 
The widow said she was not around when the incident occurred. According to her, perhaps she would have implored her husband not to leave home that fateful day if she had been at home. She said: “I travelled to Abuja for some personal issues. On Wednesday morning, I called him when I got to Abuja and informed him that I had already settled the issues.
He said I should start coming home because Thursday was our son’s graduation.” Mrs Daramola explained that the following day, she had boarded a bus from Abuja to Lagos and was on the way when she got the call that shattered her life. “Someone called me on the phone. The caller, a lady, asked if I was Mrs Daramola, I said yes. She said my husband was dead. I shouted, ‘how?’ I told her she was calling the wrong number.
I cut off the call. “After a while, she called back. She said they were taking him to the mortuary. She wanted me to send his parents’ phone numbers. I said that it could not be my husband,” she recounted. After ruminating over the series of calls, she started crying in the bus. She could not deny it anymore. Still, she prayed that there was a mistake.
Read More  http://newtelegraphonline.com/my-husband-was-murdered-over-apc-politics-widow/

No comments: